Honored Contributor

Re: Beverly Hills 90210 Fans

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I always watched the original show and will check out this version if it doesn't conflict with anything else I'm currently watching at that time.  

Didn't they already reboot BH90210 a few years ago?  I thought they had all new cast members but some of the original cast made appearances periodically?

@shoptilyadropagain 

yes, it was called 90210.

it actually had 5 seasons.....114 episodes..

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm going to watch at least the first episode because this brings back such memories for me.  I still watch reruns of the original on POP.  

BH90210 was on Monday nights followed by Melrose Place.  I used to work in a hair salon and Monday nights was always a work night for me.   I became friends with a couple of clients who had a "viewing party" every Monday night.  There were normally 7 or 8 of us that gathered at this client's house.  I went right from work and we had pizza, snacks and watched both shows back to back.  LOL     

Esteemed Contributor

@WildFlowerUnicorn 

Just saw the promo for this on another channel.  It brought back fun memories.

I think I'll give it a try.  Used to be my guilty pleasure watching when it was on....and, of course, had crushes on all the guys!

@Lipstickdiva 

I had forgotten about Melrose Place....used to watch that one too!

Honored Contributor

I guess all I can think of is  JUST WHY.

All of these actors are has beens.. and none of them were ever that  great to begin with.

Perry who passed away  was the only somewhat established actor of the bunch... maybe  Jason Priestley  is decent as far as acting   of the actors who are living now. 

The whole idea- story line for the premise of the reboot is just ridiculous.  I do not see it  being brought back  past the 6 shows they have made. Just  CANCELLED. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

All of these actors are has beens.. and none of them were ever that  great to begin with.

Perry who passed away  was the only somewhat established actor of the bunch... maybe  Jason Priestley  is decent as far as acting   of the actors who are living now. 

The whole idea- story line for the premise of the reboot is just ridiculous.  I do not see it  being brought back  past the 6 shows they have made. Just  CANCELLED. 

Don't forget Ian Ziering and all his Sharknado success!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tori and Jennie made the rounds yesterday on various shows and it capped off yesterday with them being on WWHL on Bravo with Andy Cohen.  They did say Luke's death will be dealt with on the show.

I don't really understand the premise of the reboot.  Jennie said they are playing themselves.  But when they showed a sneak peak, they were back in the Peach Pit and David and Donna were married, it looked like Kelly was working at the Peach Pit and she had the same hairstyle she had back in the day and it looks like Brandon still works at and/or owns the Peach Pit.  It all seemed very odd.    

That being said, I can't wait.  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

190805123324-tori-spelling-jennie-garth-0803-restricted-large-169.jpg

Tori and Jenny in their characters, Donna and Kelly, dresses.

Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday evening is doing their full show

about BH90210 returning. Can't wait!

Respected Contributor

When the original series was on, I watched, but not that often.  I was so busy building my career, it wasn't a priority.  I enjoyed the episodes I watched. 

Pop channel is showing all of the old 90210 episodes.  I'm watching the reruns.  It is interesting to see how high school students were so different in the early to mid 90's compared to 2019!  I'm enjoying the show.  I'll watch BH90210 to see how they cast them as adults.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Don't forget Ian Ziering and all his Sharknado success!

@Grouchomarx ðŸ˜„ Yes....Great acting👎

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking forward to the premiere this evening and your thoughts about the reboot.  ðŸ˜Š

I saw some video clips.  It looks like they are playing exaggerated versions of themselves.  For example, at times she'll be an exaggerated Tori Spelling and at times she'll be Donna.  It's like they're a show within a show type of format.  Not sure how it will go, but I'm glad to see them back together.