Frequent Contributor

August 7th on Fox its coming back! Woman Happy I liked the show and will be watching!  Its sad that Luke Perry is gone!

Beverly Hills, 90210 reboot BH90210 premieres on Fox Aug. 7. Jason Priestley, Shannen Doherty, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling, the original stars of Beverly Hills, 90210, are in the cast for BH90210. There will be six episodes.

“The seven former teen idols will be playing heightened versions of themselves in the brand-new serialized drama – with a healthy dose of irreverence – that is inspired by their real lives and relationships with each other,” said Fox.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beverly Hills 90210 Fans

I did really enjoy the original version but not sure if I will this one.  And to not have Luke will be sad.  I think back to many shows I enjoyed way back when -- and even though I loved them then -- I'm not sure how a re-boot will translate and and even whether I would enjoy them now!  

A show I liked even more was Melrose Place!  I couldn't wait to watch this one every week.  And there was another one I believe --- it had a character called Valene (sp).  Can't even remember much about it now, but really enjoyed it.  Then, there was Falcon Crest.  And of course, the original Dallas!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

DH cannot wait for 90210 to start back up again, and it is too bad they've lost Luke Perry. It'll be interesting how they address his loss and how they proceed with story lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I did really enjoy the original version but not sure if I will this one.  And to not have Luke will be sad.  I think back to many shows I enjoyed way back when -- and even though I loved them then -- I'm not sure how a re-boot will translate and and even whether I would enjoy them now!  

A show I liked even more was Melrose Place!  I couldn't wait to watch this one every week.  And there was another one I believe --- it had a character called Valene (sp).  Can't even remember much about it now, but really enjoyed it.  Then, there was Falcon Crest.  And of course, the original Dallas!!! 

@AngelPuppy1 Valene Ewing was a character on Knots Landing. I

used to watch with my Mom.

The actor who plays David on 90210 used to be on Knots Landing

when he was a little kid. He played Abby's, Donna Mills,son.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 Valene Ewing was a character on Knots Landing. I

used to watch with my Mom.

The actor who plays David on 90210 used to be on Knots Landing

when he was a little kid. He played Abby's, Donna Mills,son.

@threecees 

Oh, yes!  Knots Landing!  Thank you!  Now, it's coming back to me. I loved that show a lot, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I have been seeing the commercials alot. I can't wait.

I never missed an episode in the 90's every Wednesday 

night at 8:00. I always liked Brandon, Jason Priestley.

Hope it is good. They will do a remembrance/tribute

to Luke.

Respected Contributor

Sorry but this is a PASS.

There are too many other great shows out there.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I always watched the original show and will check out this version if it doesn't conflict with anything else I'm currently watching at that time.  

Didn't they already reboot BH90210 a few years ago?  I thought they had all new cast members but some of the original cast made appearances periodically?

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

DH & I will be watching!! That being said there are too many reboots & sequels. What ever happened to originality?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I always watched the original show and will check out this version if it doesn't conflict with anything else I'm currently watching at that time.  

Didn't they already reboot BH90210 a few years ago?  I thought they had all new cast members but some of the original cast made appearances periodically?

@shoptilyadropagain Yes, I remember that it did come back since it

ended but I think it was just Donna and Kelly that were a part of that.

It had a whole new set of young kids in it. I didn't like it and probably 

watched it 2 or 3 times.

Everything old is popular again.