Honored Contributor

Re: Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou) has passed.

Betty Lynn,  thanks for the memories.

RIP.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Betty Lynn,

rest in peace - - Yahoo Image Search Results Rest In Peace Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, The Power Of Love, A New Hope

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She was also in the movie "June Bride" with Bette Davis and Robert Montgomery. A real gem of a movie, very enjoyable. Look for it on TCM. (1948)

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee  I believe this photo is from the episode that Barney bought a car from an old lady that was dealing in stolen cars. lol He got himself a lemon. 

I remember Betty Lynn in the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" with Clifton Webb and Myrna Loy. That was a cute movie.

In The Andy Griffith Show.

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Elizabeth Ann Theresa Lynn 1926-2021....

Trusted Contributor

I remember seeing The Return of Barney Fife recently with Thelma Lou returning for the reunion and she was married to someone else.  It looked like they had got some actor from central casting to play her husband and she was a good sport and played the scene to the best of her talent.  Here is a picture of her with her new "husband".  May she rest in peace.

Thelma Lou.jpg

Honored Contributor

It was hard to believe that Thelma Lou was interested in Barney Fife but maybe she thought he was cute.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show and the part Betty Lynn played as "Thelma Lou"..... It was warm hearted comedy and I still watch the old reruns sometimes....

And just an FYI--- Thelma Lou appears in the 1986 television reunion movie Return to Mayberry. Her marriage in 1965 is revealed to have lasted only a year before ending in divorce. Barney finally marries Thelma Lou.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Elinor Donahue played a pharmacist for a short time and she is still living. I read recently her comments about playing that part and how she felt she wasn’t right for the part. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

Elinor Donahue played a pharmacist for a short time and she is still living. I read recently her comments about playing that part and how she felt she wasn’t right for the part. 

Yes I read that a few weeks ago..hubby and I still watch Andy Griffith almost all week nights. It still makes us laugh.