Respected Contributor

I am still thinking about the show , the last show was disapointing for me , not because it was bad , but i am a sucker for a happy ending , i know we couldn't have a Hallmark ending because that would go agains't the whole series .

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Quit early on, just too much violence.  They call it gratuitous violence, that means violence for the he11 of it.

I hate viiolence and sex when it gratuitous also , but i don't think this show did it. I think they used just the amount that was necessary. And i don't like violence at all. This was such a good show that i could overlook it. And there was no sex scenes at all .

Respected Contributor

Something i didn't catch was the show was in black and white and the cigarette flames in the prison scenes were in color.

Honored Contributor

For such a great show to have such a lame final season is just mind blowing. There were only two episodes I liked in this season, Nacho and Howard. Shocking and right up to the awesome standards of this show. But looks like the writers just ran out of steam. It's split down the middle with who loved the ending and who hated it. I side with feeling it was such a disappointment. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I didn't care for the ending.  Although Saul was involved with Walter, Fring, Mike, etc.-he really was not a bad person.

I was annoyed with Marion turning him in.  Boo to Carol Burnette. 

Most of the characters from BB met their deaths at the hands of selfish and ego maniac Walter White and yet his kids still ended up with financial security.

Jimmy/Saul/Gene gave up the rest of his life for Kim.  I guess it was the way it had to be in order to save her.

I was surprised to see Marie and Gomez's wife.  I felt they were just time fill-ins.

I see Saul very different than you do.

He was the mastermind of 2 scams that led to the death of the targets, Chuck & Howard.

Unintended consequences maybe, but doesn't change the outcome.  He was a con man all his life, while his character was oddly likable doesn't change the fact his ambition (?) got in the way of his morality, or vice versa.   

He redeemed himself by saving Kim.

Not only did he save her life, expecting nothing in return, he released her from her mundane life, to go back into a law office, her first love.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Something i didn't catch was the show was in black and white and the cigarette flames in the prison scenes were in color.

Maybe as a call back to the scene where they first meet ??

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@MoJoV 

I couldn't get past the first few episodes of Season 1.  I tried, but it just did not keep my attention, so I stopped watching.

Same here. I tried watching it and thought it was awful! I just couldn't get into it, and I thought it was uninteresting. I don't see the appeal.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@MoJoV 

I couldn't get past the first few episodes of Season 1.  I tried, but it just did not keep my attention, so I stopped watching.

Same here. I tried watching it and thought it was awful! I just couldn't get into it, and I thought it was uninteresting. I don't see the appeal.

I was shocked how i fell right in on this show , i never watched Breaking Bad , but i was hooked in the first episode , i think it is because it was so different than most things i watched., I felt the same about Sucession , tried watching twice , didn't like it . Tried again several months later and was hooked. This was before it was a hit.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Maybe as a call back to the scene where they first meet ??

Yes , but i had to go back and watch , just the flames were in color , i didn't even notice the first time.