Honored Contributor

Re: Better Caul Saul Season 5 - Possible Spoilers

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm starting to lose interest in BCS.

Maybe it's because Mike looks like death warmed over.

Maybe it's because Fring doesn't look so trim as he did in BB.

I realize it's been years since BB but for me it's starting to be BB all over again, just without Walt and Jesse.

I read that VInce Gilligan is thinking of making a spin-off with just Kim.

I don't know how that would work but Kim's character at least has some depth. 

I would like to see a spin-off with Kim.  She's my favorite character by far.  I hope she stays on this show as long as I watch it though.  If she left, I think I would quit watching.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm in the minoriy here but I cannot stand Kim!  I am waiting to see how they get her off this show!  It's kind of funny because I also hated Walter White's wife on BB.  I thought the was the worst character in the whole cast.  This show is not as good as I expected it to be this season.  Perhaps now that it's full on going in the BB direction there is less nuance and anticipation.  I will stick with it though.  Mike and Fring seem extra extra......what's the word.......crusty and grim?  It's a bit heavy handed.  

Honored Contributor

I'm actually liking BCS better this season because it is more like Breaking Bad.  I thought last season was kind of slow.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm starting to lose interest in BCS.

Maybe it's because Mike looks like death warmed over.

Maybe it's because Fring doesn't look so trim as he did in BB.

I realize it's been years since BB but for me it's starting to be BB all over again, just without Walt and Jesse.

I read that VInce Gilligan is thinking of making a spin-off with just Kim.

I don't know how that would work but Kim's character at least has some depth. 

@Cakers3   I may have mentioned this, but I marathoned Breaking Bad last year as I hadn't seen it originally, great entertainment.  So then, had to see the BCS,to catch up before Season 4 began.  I like Kim a lot, missed her last season.

Frequent Contributor

I read in a comment on FB that in a job interview Kim states she grew up 20 miles from Omaha.  Hmmm (I will have to go back and look for that episode).

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I guess I'm in the minoriy here but I cannot stand Kim!  I am waiting to see how they get her off this show!  It's kind of funny because I also hated Walter White's wife on BB.  I thought the was the worst character in the whole cast.  This show is not as good as I expected it to be this season.  Perhaps now that it's full on going in the BB direction there is less nuance and anticipation.  I will stick with it though.  Mike and Fring seem extra extra......what's the word.......crusty and grim?  It's a bit heavy handed.  

@Grouchomarx   I went back and forth about Skylar but in the end I felt sorry for her.  Walt was a real jerk to her, especially with her idea about the car wash.  She was smarter than he gave her credit.

I like Kim and for the life of me I cannot figure out what she sees in Saul now.

Crusty fits Mike.  LOL  As I said, death warmed over.

Funny how we view characters in a different light-makes good discussions.

I always liked Fring because I like Giancarlo Esposito.   Bad person that he was/is.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dylanfan wrote:

I read in a comment on FB that in a job interview Kim states she grew up 20 miles from Omaha.  Hmmm (I will have to go back and look for that episode).

@dylanfanShe did say that in a flashback I think.

Isn't it quite the coincidence that Saul ends up in Omaha working at Cinnabon with his new identity?

Saul said something to Walter in Breaking Bad about having a wife.

Somewhere early in that series.

I could swear there was a reference by Saul saying he had been married.

Maybe Saul and Kim do get married; she goes home and Saul chooses Omaha for his new life-although I thought it was Ed the vacuum guy who made the decision where people will start their new lives.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3   I recall the same thing about Saul saying he was married. I always thought he had something going with Francesca.  That being said, seeing the way things are moving right now with Jimmy/Saul "breaking bad" his way, I was thinking that Kim somehow gets in the middle of one of his schemes with the cartel.  Hope I'm wrong.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dylanfan wrote:

@dylanfanShe did say that in a flashback I think.

Isn't it quite the coincidence that Saul ends up in Omaha working at Cinnabon with his new identity?

Saul said something to Walter in Breaking Bad about having a wife.

Somewhere early in that series.

I could swear there was a reference by Saul saying he had been married.

Maybe Saul and Kim do get married; she goes home and Saul chooses Omaha for his new life-although I thought it was Ed the vacuum guy who made the decision where people will start their new lives.

@Cakers3   Yes, since Kim wasn't in Breaking Bad, maybe it means they got married, then divorced, probably Kim couldn't take Saul's shenanigans any longer.

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

@Cakers3   I recall the same thing about Saul saying he was married. I always thought he had something going with Francesca.  That being said, seeing the way things are moving right now with Jimmy/Saul "breaking bad" his way, I was thinking that Kim somehow gets in the middle of one of his schemes with the cartel.  Hope I'm wrong.  

@Helen852   Thanks-I thought he did mention an ex-wife and I thought he said his second wife.

I wonder if Kim being from Nebraska will tie in with Saul's new life in Omaha.