Honored Contributor

Re: Better Caul Saul Season 5 - Possible Spoilers

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm starting to lose interest in BCS.

Maybe it's because Mike looks like death warmed over.

Maybe it's because Fring doesn't look so trim as he did in BB.

I realize it's been years since BB but for me it's starting to be BB all over again, just without Walt and Jesse.

I read that VInce Gilligan is thinking of making a spin-off with just Kim.

I don't know how that would work but Kim's character at least has some depth. 

I would like to see a spin-off with Kim.  She's my favorite character by far.  I hope she stays on this show as long as I watch it though.  If she left, I think I would quit watching.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm in the minoriy here but I cannot stand Kim!  I am waiting to see how they get her off this show!  It's kind of funny because I also hated Walter White's wife on BB.  I thought the was the worst character in the whole cast.  This show is not as good as I expected it to be this season.  Perhaps now that it's full on going in the BB direction there is less nuance and anticipation.  I will stick with it though.  Mike and Fring seem extra extra......what's the word.......crusty and grim?  It's a bit heavy handed.  

Honored Contributor

I'm actually liking BCS better this season because it is more like Breaking Bad.  I thought last season was kind of slow.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I'm starting to lose interest in BCS.

Maybe it's because Mike looks like death warmed over.

Maybe it's because Fring doesn't look so trim as he did in BB.

I realize it's been years since BB but for me it's starting to be BB all over again, just without Walt and Jesse.

I read that VInce Gilligan is thinking of making a spin-off with just Kim.

I don't know how that would work but Kim's character at least has some depth. 

@Cakers3   I may have mentioned this, but I marathoned Breaking Bad last year as I hadn't seen it originally, great entertainment.  So then, had to see the BCS,to catch up before Season 4 began.  I like Kim a lot, missed her last season.

Frequent Contributor

I read in a comment on FB that in a job interview Kim states she grew up 20 miles from Omaha.  Hmmm (I will have to go back and look for that episode).

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I guess I'm in the minoriy here but I cannot stand Kim!  I am waiting to see how they get her off this show!  It's kind of funny because I also hated Walter White's wife on BB.  I thought the was the worst character in the whole cast.  This show is not as good as I expected it to be this season.  Perhaps now that it's full on going in the BB direction there is less nuance and anticipation.  I will stick with it though.  Mike and Fring seem extra extra......what's the word.......crusty and grim?  It's a bit heavy handed.  

@Grouchomarx   I went back and forth about Skylar but in the end I felt sorry for her.  Walt was a real jerk to her, especially with her idea about the car wash.  She was smarter than he gave her credit.

I like Kim and for the life of me I cannot figure out what she sees in Saul now.

Crusty fits Mike.  LOL  As I said, death warmed over.

Funny how we view characters in a different light-makes good discussions.

I always liked Fring because I like Giancarlo Esposito.   Bad person that he was/is.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dylanfan wrote:

I read in a comment on FB that in a job interview Kim states she grew up 20 miles from Omaha.  Hmmm (I will have to go back and look for that episode).

@dylanfanShe did say that in a flashback I think.

Isn't it quite the coincidence that Saul ends up in Omaha working at Cinnabon with his new identity?

Saul said something to Walter in Breaking Bad about having a wife.

Somewhere early in that series.

I could swear there was a reference by Saul saying he had been married.

Maybe Saul and Kim do get married; she goes home and Saul chooses Omaha for his new life-although I thought it was Ed the vacuum guy who made the decision where people will start their new lives.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3   I recall the same thing about Saul saying he was married. I always thought he had something going with Francesca.  That being said, seeing the way things are moving right now with Jimmy/Saul "breaking bad" his way, I was thinking that Kim somehow gets in the middle of one of his schemes with the cartel.  Hope I'm wrong.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dylanfan wrote:

@dylanfanShe did say that in a flashback I think.

Isn't it quite the coincidence that Saul ends up in Omaha working at Cinnabon with his new identity?

Saul said something to Walter in Breaking Bad about having a wife.

Somewhere early in that series.

I could swear there was a reference by Saul saying he had been married.

Maybe Saul and Kim do get married; she goes home and Saul chooses Omaha for his new life-although I thought it was Ed the vacuum guy who made the decision where people will start their new lives.

@Cakers3   Yes, since Kim wasn't in Breaking Bad, maybe it means they got married, then divorced, probably Kim couldn't take Saul's shenanigans any longer.

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

@Cakers3   I recall the same thing about Saul saying he was married. I always thought he had something going with Francesca.  That being said, seeing the way things are moving right now with Jimmy/Saul "breaking bad" his way, I was thinking that Kim somehow gets in the middle of one of his schemes with the cartel.  Hope I'm wrong.  

@Helen852   Thanks-I thought he did mention an ex-wife and I thought he said his second wife.

I wonder if Kim being from Nebraska will tie in with Saul's new life in Omaha.