Respected Contributor
On 2/13/2015 Vamp said:
On 2/12/2015 happygal said:

I thought it was pretty good but could not watch the part when the two skateboarders were hurt. I like that actor from The Closer, not sure of his name.

What's with the guy Saul lives with? He used to be a hot shot with the law firm and has emotional issues now? He cannot tolerate anything electric or electronic? Was Saul with the firm previously?

I don't watch The Closer, so I don't know who you are referring to, but you can check the cast on IMDB and find out, if you are so inclined.

Michael McKean ("Lenny" from Laverne & Shirley, Spinal Tap, and many other roles) plays Saul's older brother, Chuck. Yes, he was with the firm and a more successful lawyer than Saul/Jimmy. I don't believe Saul was with the firm; he is trying to protect his brother's interests. I am not sure what Chuck's issues are; he seems to have some type of paranoia about electronics. What exactly is going on with him, we don't know the full story yet.

After the 2-part premier, I'm definitely interested in this show, although it is said to be dark. But then, so was Breaking Bad.

Oh, so Chuck is his brother!! Somehow I missed that. The guy I'm referring to is Raymond Cruz (Tuco).

Trusted Contributor

what station is this on?I didn't have a clue it was on.I would very much like to watch it,thanks.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/14/2015 tucka said:

what station is this on?I didn't have a clue it was on.I would very much like to watch it,thanks.

It's on AMC on Monday.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/14/2015 happygal said:
On 2/13/2015 Vamp said:
On 2/12/2015 happygal said:

I thought it was pretty good but could not watch the part when the two skateboarders were hurt. I like that actor from The Closer, not sure of his name.

What's with the guy Saul lives with? He used to be a hot shot with the law firm and has emotional issues now? He cannot tolerate anything electric or electronic? Was Saul with the firm previously?

I don't watch The Closer, so I don't know who you are referring to, but you can check the cast on IMDB and find out, if you are so inclined.

Michael McKean ("Lenny" from Laverne & Shirley, Spinal Tap, and many other roles) plays Saul's older brother, Chuck. Yes, he was with the firm and a more successful lawyer than Saul/Jimmy. I don't believe Saul was with the firm; he is trying to protect his brother's interests. I am not sure what Chuck's issues are; he seems to have some type of paranoia about electronics. What exactly is going on with him, we don't know the full story yet.

After the 2-part premier, I'm definitely interested in this show, although it is said to be dark. But then, so was Breaking Bad.

Oh, so Chuck is his brother!! Somehow I missed that. The guy I'm referring to is Raymond Cruz (Tuco).

Ah, yes. I like Tuco, too, even though he is a bad guy. He loves his abuela so much Kiss

Can't wait to see what's on the agenda for tonight's show!

Esteemed Contributor

Now the show is starting to come together. Jimmy's start in his career is a real eye-opener. His office/home is a room in the back of a nail salon? He drives an old car that frequently doesn't start, and he doesn't even have a cell phone, always stops to use a pay phone. This guy is really hungry to get his hands on some deals/money.

Jimmy/Saul is developing his clientele and famous one liners. Yes, he is starting to "grow" on Mike. lol. That whole parking lot situation played out repeatly, as they try to "one up" each other. Typical of Mike to not take any nonsense from anyone.

Love the brother against brother, "You couldn't call me yourself? Instead you had Mom call me?" {#emotions_dlg.blush} Who ever said dealing with family is easy. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

Agree, sommertime! Last night's show really was great. Loved finding the family in the tent!

Respected Contributor

I'll have to try watching it again.

I was/am a huge BB fan, & was looking forward to this. But the first episode's beginning WAS SO SLOW. I watched it On Demand, & turned it off after about 20 minutes.

I'll try again. So, I assume Mike from BB is just playing a different guy in this show? When I saw he would be part of this, I thought maybe he didn't actually die in BB.

For me, the very beginning was awful...I couldn't get into it at all. BB held my interest immediately.

Super Contributor
On 2/17/2015 goldenretriever said:

I'll have to try watching it again.

I was/am a huge BB fan, & was looking forward to this. But the first episode's beginning WAS SO SLOW. I watched it On Demand, & turned it off after about 20 minutes.

I'll try again. So, I assume Mike from BB is just playing a different guy in this show? When I saw he would be part of this, I thought maybe he didn't actually die in BB.

For me, the very beginning was awful...I couldn't get into it at all. BB held my interest immediately.

This show takes place before the events in Breaking Bad. When "Saul" is just starting out. Mike, so far, is a pretty good character.

Esteemed Contributor

This show being the prequel to BB is why I think it has been slow or difficult to get into watching. I am still trying to figure out what year this starts up, Jimmy did mention the exp. date on his cc as 2004, so even before that date. The first episode didn't grab me right away, but I am glad I stuck with this show, as each week it gets better.

Respected Contributor
On 2/17/2015 Jackielee said:

This show takes place before the events in Breaking Bad. When "Saul" is just starting out. Mike, so far, is a pretty good character.

No wonder it wasn't making sense to me!