Honored Contributor

Re: 📺 Bette Davis Alert! 👍🏿

Thanks, @lil spot!  Going to see Beauty and the Beast in I-Max with my niece, nephew and my mom.  I know we'll love it. 

Hoping TCM makes "All About Eve" available via Comast On Demand for the next few days; sometimes they do that with the day's movies and sometimes they don't.

Esteemed Contributor

What about Hush Sweet Charlotte!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for the alert, Miz iMac. Bette Davis films are among my favorites.  Glad to see "Deception" is coming up too.

TCM recently showed "Watch On the Rhine",  which was an adaptation of the Lillian Hellman play.  Bette played somewhat against type in that as a wife of a resistance fighter in World War II.  They come home to Washington, only to find a spy right in the household of Bette's affluent socialite mother.  Exciting.

Wish they would show "A Stolen Life",  "Winter Meeting"  and "Dangerous" and a bunch of others in an endless marathon.  It's amazing to see the range of her talent all at once... 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac ~   All About Eve will be on at 11:30a (PT).  Watch out Eve, it's going to be a bumpy ride!  LIttle Foxes follows at 2:00p.  

I've been a Bette Davis fan for decades.  Thanks for the "alert", as programming is on 4 hours earlier here.   Enjoy watching Bette!👀

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reminder...love Bette Davis movies!

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:
Dead Ringer

Did you know that is a remake of Bette Davis'es original movie "A Stolen Life?" Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)

Turner Classic Movies: Wednesday, March 22 1:45 PM EST

@sunshine45 wrote:

TCM

4/18/17

WHATEVER  HAPPENED TO BABY JANE  3:30 pm et.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

When I was young I didn't like Bette Davis. Now I realize she was the best. With age comes wisdom.

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

When I was young I didn't like Bette Davis. Now I realize she was the best. With age comes wisdom.

@Catiele  happy that happened for you. Every day it's proven that people have made a lie out of that old adage. The updated version is "With age should come wisdom".

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~