Honored Contributor

Beth Chapman in Coma (Dog the Bounty Hunter's Wife)

[ Edited ]

Beth Chapman is in desperate shape ... in a medically-induced coma at a hospital in Hawaii, and her husband, Duane "Dog" Chapman, is asking people to pray for her.

Beth has struggled with cancer for years. She was cancer free for a while, but last November her throat cancer returned and she underwent aggressive chemo.

Dog reached out to the public and said he wanted to "humbly ask everyone to please pray for Beth."

It has been a struggle for Beth ... she's had emergency surgery and the treatment has been brutal, but her will to live has overridden the difficulties. She inked a deal back in January along with Dog to host a series, "Dog's Most Wanted" for WGN America. Part of the show chronicled her cancer battle. The trailer for the show was just released and shows Beth and Dog kissing while she lay in her hospital bed.  

Beth said recently the release date of the show was pushed back to next year, but no reason was given.

No word on the exact condition of Beth, but based on Dog's outreach, prayers are clearly in order.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/23/beth-chapman-coma-dog-icu-throat-cancer/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Beth Chapman in Coma (Dog the Bounty Hunter's Wife)

What a struggle and fight she has put up in her battle to live.  Bless her.  Just made a prayer for her and hope she emerges once more.

Honored Contributor

I hope this experience has made Dog quit his smoking.  They showed him in clips with his wife in the hospital  a while back smoking like a chimney.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder why the medically induced coma.  I wonder if, in this case it is a way to prevent her from suffering so much.

The purpose of a medically induced coma, Souter explained, is to ensure the "protection and control of the pressure dynamics of the brain." High pressure caused by brain swelling can starve some areas of the brain of oxygen; swollen brain tissue can also be injured by pushing against the inside of the skull.

Super Contributor

Thank you IG for posting this. Prayers for Beth. I met her once and her husband twice at book signings. Both of them have worked so hard to help people. 🙏🙏
Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice 

They're also very spiritual. They pray before every 'hunt' they go on and prayer is very important to them.

Although Dog had a rough early life, he found God while in prison and credits that for changing his life for the better.

I'm so hoping Beth pulls through this, Dog and their kids will be devastated, as any family would be.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I always hate to hear about something like this. A medically induced coma does not sound good as we've had several family members placed in one that passed away. I wish them the best.

Honored Contributor

12:56 PM PT -- TMZ has learned that Beth was hospitalized this weekend as a result of another breathing issue she experienced at her home in Hawaii. Sources tell TMZ that a 911 call came in Saturday morning from Beth and Dog's Honolulu residence, which was reported as a "choking" emergency. 

We're told Beth was rushed to a nearby hospital, and has been there ever since. Family sources tell us the choking was in relation to Beth having breathing trouble from her throat cancer. You'll recall ... she went through a similar emergency in April, but came out of it all right.

Our sources say Beth is still a coma at the moment. Members of her family -- including her daughter, Bonnie -- are en route to be by her side. 

Respected Contributor

Praying for Beth and Duane.

Valued Contributor

May God bless them both, and continue to give  them his strength and healing whereever it is needed, and I shall include them in prayers as well.