Esteemed Contributor

Beth Chapman has passed away

Just popped up on CNN....

Honored Contributor

Re: Beth Chapman has passed away

[ Edited ]

I was reading that she declined to take chemotherapy drugs.  just over the counter drugs.  And that she was "exploring other avenues)  She was 51.  Quite young to die.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/entertainment/beth-chapman-obit/index.html

Respected Contributor

Sad, may she rest in peace and much sympathy for her family

Honored Contributor

That's really sad.  They seem to be a very close family.

Esteemed Contributor

I really do not know anything about her, but from what I have sporadically read, her husband adored her.  Condolences to the family and may she rest in peace.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I just saw the pop up too.  I don't know who they are or why they are famous.  I suppose reality show people but I could relate to and felt touched by the devotion, committment and love.  It has to be devasting to lose the love of your life like that.  The person you thought you would grow old with.  My prayers go out to her husband, family and friends.

Honored Contributor

From TMZ:

Beth Chapman, who along with her husband, Duane "Dog" Chapman, appeared for years on the iconic show, "Dog the Bounty Hunter," is dead.

Beth died Wednesday at a Honolulu hospital, days after being placed in a medically-induced coma. She had battled long and hard against cancer, which ultimately took her life.

The 51-year-old announced in 2017 that she'd been diagnosed with stage II throat cancer, but was cancer free by December of that year. The cancer returned last November -- after which she underwent aggressive chemo and fought valiantly to maintain normalcy in her life ... sometimes going out for the evening with her husband.

She said last month on Mother's Day she had stopped chemo.

Dog just tweeted a goodbye to Beth, saying "Today, she hiked the stairway to heaven. We all love you, Beth. See you on the other side."

Beth endured at least one health scare over the past few months, having been rushed to the hospital in April for breathing trouble related to her cancer treatments.

Beth had 4 kids -- Dominic, Cecily, Bonnie Jo and Garry. The latter 2 she had with Dog. Beth also has 14 grandchildren ... one of whom she had custody of after Dog's daughter died in the crash -- and the boy's father was found to be abusive.

She was 51.

RIP 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Very sad news.  It is so deeply painful to lose a loved one, and if you live long enough, you experience this sad loss that can sometimes devastate.  "Life happens" for all of us.

May Beth's family and friends take strength from the strong love that they had for one another (I gather from what I've read) and from a hope for a life beyond our mortal coil.

May she rest in peace.  Gosh, so heartbreakingly young.

Honored Contributor

Our local news just did a nice, tender tribute to her.  The video isn’t posted yet, but if you’re interested, just go to the Hawaii News Now website in a little while.  The video should be there in a bit.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband used to like to watch the Bounty Hunter show, and although it would not be a show I would necessarily choose to sit down and watch, I occasionally did so just hanging around with hubby watching TV.   I don't care for most reality shows, and usually don't get bent out of shape when someone famous passes away, I mean I would feel bad for the family, but not actually feel sadness myself.  For some reason, Beth's passing has me feeling quite sad.  She seemed on the TV show as a very kind and intelligent person - just all around 'good people' as the expression goes.  Anyway, RIP, and prayers for her family.  Obviously she is well loved by many.