Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beth Chapman has passed away

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

My Father in Law is fighting throat and lung cancer right now.  They want to start a new chemo on him this week, but he is going to refuse it.  He has already fought (and beat) esophagus cancer about 9 years ago, and now he has two new cancers.  

Beth seemed to be a devoted lady who loved her husband and family. May she RIP.  

I'm so sorry for your FIL! Glad he's refusing it..praying he'll be ok!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

She had such a big heart and a beautiful spirit underneath her tough persona. R I P Beth. Heart

@JaneMarple   I agree with you,  she had the most beautiful spirit. She truly cared about people and giving a second chance to those her and Duane hunted and took into custody .  I always found that kind and very caring when they didn't have to go that extra mile. I'm very saddened by her passing .   She fought a good fight and died on her own terms as far as stopping all meds.   I agree totally with you also on the  cure can  be worse than the disease.   I've seen what chemo can do and if someone chooses an alternative way I say that is there  decision,   A Person has the right to live or die on there own terms. RIP Beth 💧

Honored Contributor

None of us get out of this life alive.    We should be able to decide how we want to go, to the best of our ability, when facing a terminal illness.

My late DH had been a heroin user when he was young.    At the time of his death by cancer, he had been clean for almost 30 years.   He also declined prescribed pain meds until he was on hospice.   There are many reasons people won't jump on the opiod train.

Beth made her decisions based on all the best medical advise, with the blessing of her close knit family.   God bless her for it.

I watched their show years ago, I loved the scenery and Dog seemed so genuine.   He never tried to be someone he wasn't.  I admired his relationship with Beth.

Honored Contributor

That is really sad, she fought so hard. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I used to watch their show.  I like shows where the bad guy gets caught.

They always showed the people they captured with respect and they weren't mean to them.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to watch their show.  I like shows where the bad guy gets caught.

They always showed the people they captured with respect and they weren't mean to them.

I never watched their show but my husband did and he said the same thing you did in your last sentence.    He always admired them for that.