Honored Contributor

Best Song - 95th Academy Awards

"Naatu Naatu" beat out both "Lift Me Up" and "Hold My Hand." I was a little surprised. I can't see myself singing along to it while driving in the car!   Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Song - 95th Academy Awards

I think Naatu Naatu's major appeal was the choreography. It was an amazing performance. I couldn't dance like that, or sing to it either, but it sure was fun to watch. 

Esteemed Contributor

For me, Lady Gaga  should have won it.  I enjoyed watching the one that won, but i,m a Big Gaga fan.  One talanted lady.

She had no makeup, not dressed to the 9's and sang her heart out.  She also wrote the song.

Respected Contributor

Gaga and Rihanna likely split the "popular" song vote, allowing a dark horse to slip in.

Trusted Contributor

That dancing to Naatu Naatu was insane! Made my hips and knees hurt just watching it!   

Honored Contributor

I thought the performance by David Byrne and the woman he sang with ( I don't know her) was awful, it sounded off key to me. 

Respected Contributor

I too thought GaGa did a marvelous job with her song.  Going from entirely made up and dressed up to without makeup and totally vulnerable was magic with her performance.  Listening to David Byrne was painful and I am a big fan.  Just Awful performance.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw David Byrne being interviewed on the Bill Mahr show.  He did not look right.  It looked like he had trouble speaking sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

Remember him from  Talking Heads band . " Burning Down the House "  & " Psych Killer " , he was lead vocalist . Their songs were   definitely a unique sound   and always a bit one the wild side