Honored Contributor

Watching him in a new movie on NetFlix. Sounds so English w/o his English accent.  He has one of those deep voices.  The Power of the Dog.  We'll see how good it is.  

Esteemed Contributor

Come back and let us know your final review. Thanks @qualitygal 

Respected Contributor

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch

[ Edited ]

I hope you enjoy it!!

I first saw Benedict as Sherlock Holmes in the PBS "Sherlock".A really different adaptation and just wonderful. He is an amazing actor and believable in whatever part he plays.

Then, I watched him as the Necromancer in the Hobbit and listened to his voice in the Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. He played Smaug to Martin Freeman's Bilbo Baggins, also his Watson from Sherlock.

He also played Khan in a Star Trek update (originally played by Ricardo Montelban) which I missed and hope to see one day. 

Honored Contributor

Well, on the storyline, I held out as long as I could.  2/10 stars from me.  Then my husband came in, he said from the previews he'd wanted to see it too.  So he sat and checked it out.  He said he'd rather see one (western style) with more action.  So it didn't pass for us, but, give it a try and see what you think.  We all have different styles.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch

[ Edited ]

Watched it last night (The Power of the Dog) it was a rather dark movie, JMO....must say though, Benedict Cumberbatch looks fine as a rugged cow herder!

Esteemed Contributor

Cumberbatch was great in the quirky Sherlock Holmes series.  But he was outstanding in Enigma I think it was called. A movie about a WW2 code breaker, a true story.  If you're a fan you have to see it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Cumberbatch was great in the quirky Sherlock Holmes series.  But he was outstanding in Enigma I think it was called. A movie about a WW2 code breaker, a true story.  If you're a fan you have to see it.

@MoJoV   "The Imitation Game".  Excellent movie.

"Enigma" is the biography of Alan Turing; the movie is based on his life.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

Yes it was. Sad  treatment for a British hero. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

Yes it was. Sad  treatment for a British hero. 

@MoJoV   Benedict Cumberbatch was in "The Imitation Game".  This is the movie base on Alan Turing's life.

Enigma is the biography, not the movie.

My post was not clear.

Yes, Alan Turing's life was tragic in the end.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor
He’s Dr Strange in the Marvel movies. Great role for him.