Honored Contributor

Re: Ben & J-lo Plan Massive Celebration at Their GA Estate

@lgfan wrote:

Even though the Georgia house is beautiful it reminds me of the house in the movie "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte".

@lgfan   a few pictures of that house.

Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte | Film Locations

Bette Davis on the veranda of Houmas House during the filming of Hush ...

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte (1964) YIFY - Download Movie TORRENT - YTS

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

6,000 square feet and only "three" bedrooms????

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JamandBread wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Isn't this the house they were planning on or did buy together shortly before they were supposed to marry 20 years ago?

Everything old is new again. I hope they have a long and happy marriage!

The word on the internet is that the house they plan to buy is in Los Angeles, not the State of Georgia

I was referring to the Georgia house pictured in the OP.

I seem to recall either he or the both of them bought a house near Savannah right before they broke their engagement 20 years ago. @gertrudecloset 

Eta: it is indeed that house. Jen will be very familiar with it. Ben bought it in 2003. There are pictures on line. There are 3 houses on the property and it's just lovely.

No, I don't think so @JamandBread .  Only Ben bought the house.  Perhaps he bought it with the intention of it being another one of their shared homes, but that didn't happen, as "he" bought the home himself and tried to sell it recently.  So, "he" did buy the home.  "They" didn't buy it only Ben did.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

Isn't this the house they were planning on or did buy together shortly before they were supposed to marry 20 years ago?

The word on the internet is that the house they plan to buy is in Los Angeles, not the State of' Georgia

@gertrudecloset 

They DID recently buy a mansion in LA for $37M, but  Ben has owned THIS house in GA, since 2019.....We've seen him in our area for many years....

It's a beautiful stately looking place.  I went to look at photos of the interior.  It's like on some kind of Island of it's own with guest homes and it's on the water @KingstonsMom .  He purchased the property which houses three homes and the "main" house in 2003.  He tried to sell it more than once, but I don't know if it's still on the market right now or he was able to sell it.  

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

The word on the internet is that the house they plan to buy is in Los Angeles, not the State of Georgia

I seem to recall either he or the both of them bought a house near Savannah right before they broke their engagement 20 years ago. @gertrudecloset 

Eta: it is indeed that house. Jen will be very familiar with it. Ben bought it in 2003. There are pictures on line. There are 3 houses on the property and it's just lovely.

No, I don't think so @JamandBread .  Only Ben bought the house.  Perhaps he bought it with the intention of it being another one of their shared homes, but that didn't happen, as "he" bought the home himself and sold it recently.  So, "he" did buy the home.  "They" didn't buy it only Ben did.

Good morning @gertrudecloset 

Thanks for clarifying. I think Ben kept the house though. He did put it up for sale in 2019, but I don't think he sold it.

Esteemed Contributor

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

ben affleck house

It's a large property with other houses on it.  It's near Savannah, but it is it's own island of sorts.  It's beautiful from what I can see.  The other properties (that are part of this estate) are much more rustic looking.  The pics on the inside I just posted above are from "the main house."

Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

No, I don't think so @JamandBread .  Only Ben bought the house.  Perhaps he bought it with the intention of it being another one of their shared homes, but that didn't happen, as "he" bought the home himself and sold it recently.  So, "he" did buy the home.  "They" didn't buy it only Ben did.

Good morning @gertrudecloset 

Thanks for clarifying. I think Ben kept the house though. He did put it up for sale in 2019, but I don't think he sold it.

Hey there @JamandBread G'morning to you.   That home is gorgeous.    

I found a few photos and posted upthread,  I think he put on and off the market.  I think he still owns it.  It was described as one of his "get-a-ways" when he purchased it in 2003.  I have no doubt that he wants a return on his investment as he paid just a little of 7MM and he put it up for sale close to 9MM the last time.  That's what these rich people do.  Make money off their real estate.

Honored Contributor

Those are some, to me, God-awful lighting fixtures.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Which house? The "cabin" looking one or the main house?

I loved the classic features in the main house. 

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Which house? The "cabin" looking one or the main house?

I loved the classic features in the main house. 

Oh shoot @Love my grandkids . Never mind.

I didn't see the pics @gertrudecloset posted.