Valued Contributor

Re: Ben & J-lo Plan Massive Celebration at Their GA Estate

Oh P-l-e-a-s-e !

Trusted Contributor

Who cares? They'll probably be divorced by the end of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that a great many posters are interested in having a pleasant conversation about the event.

And so they are.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

6,000 square feet and only "three" bedrooms????

@shoptilyadropagain 

Well, I'm sure they are very nice, and have an en suite bathroom.  Are you thinking there should be more bedrooms?  Not sure what your comment means. 

A lot of larger homes where people entertain frequently have a nice little guest house on the property.  Proximity, yet plenty of privacy for everyone.  

I was a little surprised Ben bought a house in GA, but it seems like a lovely home.   

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

Well, I'm sure they are very nice, and have an en suite bathroom.  Are you thinking there should be more bedrooms?  Not sure what your comment means. 

A lot of larger homes where people entertain frequently have a nice little guest house on the property.  Proximity, yet plenty of privacy for everyone.  

I was a little surprised Ben bought a house in GA, but it seems like a lovely home.   

There are 2 other cottages on the property for guests. It really is a pretty place. I'm not surprised the two of them want to use it- they were together when he bought it or was in negotiations to buy it. i can remember seeing the pic of the house ins rag mag when they called off their wedding the first time.

It is probably very nostalgic and romantic for her to go back there with him. But that's my projection showing. She may be ice cold. But I doubt it. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

Yes, I realize estates such as this would probably have a guest house for guests but I would just expect the main house which has  6000 square feet to have at least four or five bedrooms.  What if the owners of this house have three (or more) kids?  I know lots of people grew up sharing a bedroom but I can't imagine being wealthy enough to own this property and not wanting a separate bedroom for all their kids

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain  I completely agree with you about the number of bedrooms; it was the first thing that caught my attention too.  I guess I'm assuming they are going to be staying at the house, but it's not even big enough for their blended family unless, as you comment, the kids share a room. 

Esteemed Contributor

I doubt that Jennifer plans on spending much time there.  It's much too quiet and remote for her I would imagine.

The Swamp Mansion.  Surrounded by a river and creeks.  Nice spot for the occasional big shindig.

Esteemed Contributor

These people have residences for various reasons.  Not necessarily to live in on a regular basis.  I think I recall reading he purchased this (while with Jennifer the first time) as a "hideaway" and much more likely for "flipping purchases."  

These wealthy people buy properties and when they go to sell the mere fact that someone famous owned it brings up the value (some times).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Now THAT is a Jawjuh plantation!  All I'd need is a rocking chair and a glass of sweet tea!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.