Honored Contributor

Ben Platt Live From Radio City Music Hall

I'm watching this now on Netflix, I'm loving it, Ben has the voice of an angel. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ben Platt Live From Radio City Music Hall

He does and this is next on my list.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

His family is from the Baltimore area where I am from. His father went to high school with some of my friends.His grandfather passed away last week, it was in ouir local obituaries. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

His family is from the Baltimore area where I am from. his father went to high school with some of my friends.His grandfather passed away last week, it was in ouir local obituaries. 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Ben talked about his beloved grandmother who passed away in the spring of last year. I don't know if you have Netflix, but I really enjoyed this concert.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

His family is from the Baltimore area where I am from. his father went to high school with some of my friends.His grandfather passed away last week, it was in ouir local obituaries. 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Ben talked about his beloved grandmother who passed away in the spring of last year. I don't know if you have Netflix, but I really enjoyed this concert.

Yes, it was this woman's husband who passed away last week. They died within a few months of each other. 

Honored Contributor

I have it in my watch queue. He is such a talent.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Love him! He seems like such a genuine soul, too.I saw him in Dear Evan Hanson the first year it was out; my alumni association sponsored the evening and the cast did a Q&A with our group afterwards.

I'll be checking out his show on Netflix for sure, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Love him! He seems like such a genuine soul, too.I saw him in Dear Evan Hanson the first year it was out; my alumni association sponsored the evening and the cast did a Q&A with our group afterwards.

@Ibby114 how lucky were you to have seen Ben in Dear Evan Hanson! He seems so down to earth and humble.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114 how lucky were you to have seen Ben in Dear Evan Hanson! He seems so down to earth and humble.

@Jordan2  I saw it again (with my millennial kids) last year with Andrew Bath Feldman. He  added a different dimension to Evan;  his voice isn't as strong as Bens but he brought a more raw emotion to the role. Jordan Fischer was in the role until Broadway closed down- I was curious to see him in the role became he's never played this type of character. I'm not sure he'll be in the role when Broadway returns in January.

I love my Broadway! Heart I  had tickets for Tina in late May with the original Tina (Adrienne Warren) . I hope she'll be back in the cast.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  Ben is going to be on Songland next week!