Super Contributor

I watched it last night and I hope the story lines pick up.   I found it pretty slow moving compared to Below Deck and BD Med.   The one stew seems like she could be the sailing of crazy Rocky. 

Respected Contributor

Am I the only one still watching?  Am I a glutton for punishment?  I'm not liking this as much as the others for some reason but I still watch.  It is my Monday night program I try and look forward to.

I think the chief stew - Jenna - is trying too hard w/Adam.  He rejected her last night, not because he doesn't like her, but because the timing and the environment wasn't quite right to take that step in the relationship.  I think that showed some maturity on his part, but he IS giving her mixed signals.  She appears to be throwing herself at him, and I think he is the type that would enjoy more of a chase, if you know what I mean.

The men who were on the cruise were horrible.  A bunch of drunks and I think were kinda scary - you just didn't know what they were capable of doing.

I think Georgia (3rd stew) and Paget(sp? not really sure what his name is) make a better couple than he and Ciara.  She is no fun and her jealousy over their flirting is building.  I wonder if they'll still be together when this ends.  But they have been w/each other for 4 years I think she mentioned.

This Captain is a nice guy but I think he's pretty lame, maybe too laid back for TV.  The chief engineer - Byron doesn't add much imo.  And the 2nd stew and 3rd deckhand are kinda annoying.  Not really likeable or sympathetic to their personalities.  Is anyone else watching?  What do you think?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

Re: Below deck sailing!

[ Edited ]

I'm still watching but find it pretty boring compared to the other two BD shows.  The crew is fairly boring too. I think part of the problem is the boat.   sailboats are much narrower that motor yachts and don't have the multiple decks either so I think filming is more difficult.   The editing is pretty bad too.   We aren't seeing much of the beautiful Greek islands, the deck crew or the interior crew working, except seeing Jenna polish glasses!  There isn't a lot of SAILING either.  By nature sailboats are more casual too.   With the exception of this group of guests we didn't really see other guests except when they ate.  The show is not as "sexy" as BD or BDM.

I can't stand Jenna or Adam.  Adam certainly hasn't redeemed himself from BDM.  As for those guests, I guess all was well by the time they left the boat.   Madison, Georgia and Parker spent the weekend in Long Island and even stayed with the primary and his wife.   They went to the family vineyard and out to dinner both nights with the whole group of guests and watched the episode with them.   The guy that picked Madison up deleted all social media the day after the episode aired because of the public backlash. 

Did you see Georgia and Parker on WWHL?  I'm wondering if there is a lot of editing about Paget and Ciara because they both said they have a solid relationship. None of the three of them seem to like Jenna or Adam either which is no surprise. 

I agree with you about Captain Glenn, he's too laid back and pretty boring to watch. 

It's been picked up for another season but unless there are  some major changes I don't see it being successful.  I have seen pictures of the boat's interior and it's beautiful but there seems to be a lot they aren't  showing us.

Respected Contributor

I'm still watching.  The casting here is lackluster.  I am grossed out by the relationship between Jenna and the chef.  She has the chutzpa to call out the 2nd stew as unprofessional and not doing her job well, when she herself is busy canoodling with Adam in the kitchen - ALL THE TIME.  At least that is what they are showing us.  There is something wrong with her imo.  So desperate for this 'relationship' and we all know it will not work out in the end.  They are both weird.  His chef skills seem to be top notch though.  I like him when he is cooking and by himself and not shown with his arms and face all over Jenna.  Yuck.

I like the relationship between Georgia (3rd stew) and Paget(sp?).  I like them as a couple.  I don't know what to make of Ciara.  Sometimes she acts jealous and sometimes she appears to want to join in on the flirting.  I'm not wild about any of the cast quite frankly.  Not the Captain - he's OK, but very laid back, to that 3rd deckhand who thinks he knows everything and who Madison has a crush on.  She's had a real blow in life w/the murder of her sister so I will give her a pass if she seems out there sometimes.  I think she works hard or tries to but her mind may be elsewhere.

The boat is gorgeous.  I've never been sailing.  Seems like fun.

Respected Contributor

I have a question:  Who is Jenna's roomate?  Jenna and Adam had to go to the primary's cabin to be alone, but I can't figure out who is Jenna's roomate.

Here are the roommates as I know them:

Adam and Parker

Paget and Ciara

Georgia and Madison

Glenn and Byron?????

Jenna and who????

TIA

Respected Contributor

I have a question:  Who is Jenna's roomate?  Jenna and Adam had to go to the primary's cabin to be alone, but I can't figure out who is Jenna's roomate.

Here are the roommates as I know them:

Adam and Parker

Paget and Ciara

Georgia and Madison

Glenn and Byron?????

Jenna and who????

Respected Contributor

Sorry for the double post.  My computer froze up when posting.

Respected Contributor

@Travone    Good Question!!

Maybe her small cubby wasn't romantic enough for Adam?

Honored Contributor

There was nothing on last night so I flipped this on but I just cannot get into this at all.  

I don't know anyone's name except for Adam and that's only because he was on other BD shows.  Him being upset with that chief stew for dating Johan makes no sense.  

I was only half paying attention but this entire show seems so very staged.  

Then I saw a preview for another new reality show called I think Summer Camp?  That really seems lame.