Respected Contributor

I watched it and was not impressed. I miss Ben.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I watched it and was not impressed. I miss Ben.

I do too but this new chef appeared to be very good. It was only episode 1 ....he could go downhill fast..time will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody still watching this?  I have to say, I liked Below Deck Med much better than this one.   I am really disliking Nico.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Anybody still watching this?  I have to say, I liked Below Deck Med much better than this one.   I am really disliking Nico.

@Wsmom wrote:

I am still watching but this season seems very fake to me. Kate is just so miserable. She talks to everyone is such a demeaning manner.

All the parties seemed scripted and fake...not a good season IMO.

Honored Contributor

i am watching, but this has probably been the worst season of ANY of the below decks. i did find it sweet that capt lees wife joined them for some of the episode. they are such a sweet couple......long marriage, five kids, and respect and friendship. i wonder if him being away for weeks on end helped them really appreciate each other?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am watching, but this has probably been the worst season of ANY of the below decks. i did find it sweet that capt lees wife joined them for some of the episode. they are such a sweet couple......long marriage, five kids, and respect and friendship. i wonder if him being away for weeks on end helped them really appreciate each other?

Yes... Capt Lee and his wife (Maryann?) are a very nice couple. He seems to really respect and adore her. That was the most interesting part of the season so far and I think it might be almost over.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, this season has been a snoozefest.  I think Kate is just so over being a yachtie but only comes back for the Bravo paycheck and then she's given a newbie (Jen) and another one with some experience (Bri).  Jen thinks she works hard but she's slow and a complainer.  If I were Kate,  I'd be crabby too!!!!!

I've been disappointed in Nico.  While I feel for him in the death of his brother, he is NOT Bosun material and has too big of an ego to even understand why.  I'm been unimpressed with Matt.  While I appreciate his laid back demeanor, I could have put out better meals.  Even the very best meal he has made for the guests is mediocre compared to other dishes I've seen prepared by Ben & others.  I'm glad Captain Lee is finally catching on to his lack of skills and confidence.  Heck, I'd bring back Bruno as the chef next season over Matt.  

I agree that it was sweet to see Mary Ann coming to visit Captain Lee.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I got sucked into this show on a flight from LA on Tuesday, now I'll have to catch up on demand.

Respected Contributor

The elevator does not go all the way up for Jen what a whiny wacko. And nasty as well. I don't blame Kate. 

Honored Contributor

I posted in another thread that I'm not into this season as all.  This is a show DH and I always have watched together since the beginning because we are boaters.  Both of us in the past preferred this to the Med. version but not this season.

I was wondering Tuesday how much longer this season is going to be because we are both over it.  Kate is the same Kate to me.  Jen is a whackadoodle but I don't think Bri is any better.  Although Jen is very slow and whiney, they sure make it seem like she works longer hours and does more work than Bri. 

I'm not impressed with Matt either and I'm tired of him complaining about his ex-girlfriend.  She's is EX.  Get over it already. 

I'm also over Nico.  No he's not bosun material and he's turned into a cheating jerk and a smart aleck as well.  Like Jen, he thinks he's better than he is.