Valued Contributor

I am a big fan of the Below Decks series, but I am having trouble liking the sailing version.  It has nothing to do with sailing because I find that interesting.  It's the crew I am having trouble with.  I am not a fan of Adam, the chef, ever since he acted like a bratty child with the onions on the other show.  I also don't like that he was knocking Hannah on this show.  I can't seem to "bond" with the rest of the crew, although I do like Captain Glen.  Watching the whole crew sit in a small hot tub and sing songs just turned me off.  I know it is probably just me, but it's going to take a lot more then beautiful scenery  to make me like this show.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@daisy4 

I have not watched this new series, but my guilty pleasure the last few weeks has been watching the Below Deck marathons.  Before that, I flipped past them.

Cannot imagine it would translate to sailing unless it is a very luxurious ship.  That was what originally drew me in.  I wanted to see the yacht.  Then, of course, you have all the crazies on board acting like fools (most of the time).

I got started having it on in the background while I was sewing, but I likely will not be keeping up with this new version.

Mostly, these shows are a waste of time and a reason for commercials Cat LOL

Regular Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

I am a big fan of the Below Decks series, but I am having trouble liking the sailing version.  It has nothing to do with sailing because I find that interesting.  It's the crew I am having trouble with.  I am not a fan of Adam, the chef, ever since he acted like a bratty child with the onions on the other show.  I also don't like that he was knocking Hannah on this show.  I can't seem to "bond" with the rest of the crew, although I do like Captain Glen.  Watching the whole crew sit in a small hot tub and sing songs just turned me off.  I know it is probably just me, but it's going to take a lot more then beautiful scenery  to make me like this show.

@daisy4 I feel the same way. There's just so much good on bravo right now I don't know if this one will be in my regular rotation. I was listening to Amy Phillips show yesterday and she said that Sailing is a "slow-burn" for her. 

I've watched bravo and the housewives for many years, but really only watched Below Deck as of last last year. I really didn't know what I was missing. Below Deck Med was my first one, and because of that it is my favorite.

Respected Contributor

@daisy4    I'm on the fence with this one also.  I've watched Below Deck since the beginning so its only natural that I woud watch this one as well.

The boat is nice enough, but I agree about the cast.  I'm not really liking them or finding them interesting.  I don't mind Adam, but he's already hooked up w/this chief stew and they seem to make such an odd couple.

Not sure how I feel about the couple of deckhands that were supposed to be preparing the ship for charter who fell in love and are now a couple.  Do you see them lasting?  I think not.  Seem kinda boring.  The other 2 female stews are OK but just seems like this cast is totally mismatched.

I am liking this Captain.  Seems nice and is not stand offish and stuck on himself like Captain Lee.  I'll probably watch another episode or two, but if I find myself not looking forward to it, I'll stop and find something else.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

I watched it and I liked the Captain. He is willing to get his hands dirty. I think we have to give it some time because 2 episodes is not enough time to say I like these people. I do like Adam.  

Esteemed Contributor

Below Deck (both) is my favorite show.  I've watched BD Sailing and while it doesn't have the level of interest (so far anyway) as the other two, I will continue to watch it.  So far, I like the Captain and Jenna, the chief stew.  I've never cared for Adam and the rest (except for the annoying blonde second stew) are just a blur of people that I don't remember.  I was surprised they got $20,000 for their first tip. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@daisy4 

I'm also a big fan of the other 2 Below Deck shows and since we are a sailing family, I thought we'd love this one too.

After 10 minutes we changed the channel and won't be watching this one.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I watched the first episode and didn't bother with the one on Monday.  It didn't interest me.  It seemed way too far fetched and fake.