Regular Contributor

I love the Below Deck shows, all of them.  For those watching these current episodes that had the primary who was dating his daughter's ex boyfriend....question-the one guest had an area on his neck, just on the one side, that was a different shade, it was very noticeable.  Curious as to what that was?  Hubby said some type of plastic surgery but why only one side.....TIA for any thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Re: Below Deck Sailing Yacht

I noticed that too.  My thought was that he had a surgery of some sort, I was thinking along the lines of a thyroid or glandular surgery, but plastic surgery is certainly a possibility.  They were all a weird bunch weren't they?

I watch all the Below Deck series too, but find I'm not really liking this group.  That lead deck guy Gary is pretty disgusting, as is his deckhand Sydney getting together with him on Day 1 and now being a clinging vine to his every move.  Jean-Luc is way too tall to be on such a small boat - he needs the Queen Mary ocean liner size for goodness sakes.

Captain Glenn is very nice.  What would Captain Lee have done if his crew was jumping off the side of the boat into the water at 2 AM, screaming and carrying on?  I don't think he would tolerate Gary but then again, sometimes I think he is all bark and no bite.

I like the female stews OK, not sure what I think of this chef, although when she gets the food right for the guests she seems to get compliments on what she serves. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Maybe that guest had surgery or was burned or something. I saw it but it was none of my business why it was there.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't notice the neck thing.  I'll have to pay closer attention whenever, they replay these particular episodes.

I like the cast except for Gary, Sydney and the chef (forget her name).  When the chef puts out a good meal, it looks amazing but she doesn't know ANYTHING about eggs.  The ones she cooked last night looked terrible.  She made an over easy egg(s) and they looked scrambled.  Even then, they looked strange and even one of the guests commented the same thing.   Gary is OK but NOT that attractive and I don't understand why Sydney is a Stage 5 Clinger.

BTW, in other Below Deck news, there is a new franchise coming out.  I believe it is BD Iceland.  I understand Rhylee is the bosun.  Also, it's just been confirmed that Paget and Ciara have broken up.  I was a little surprised to hear that.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Anything with Rhylee and I'm out.  I could not stand that woman.  

I really don't care for Gary and Sydney is embarrassing.  I also don't care for Daisy nor the chef.  I could not believe that chef had no idea what an over easy egg is.  But I don't understand why Daisy keeps butting in to what the chef is doing as far as portion sizes, etc.  If the guests were still hungry after eating 5+ courses, I could understand Daisy having an issue.  But if the courses are too large, so be it.  They don't have to eat everything.  I also don't like how Daisy expects the deck crew to handle inside jobs when they have their own stuff to do.  How often do you see the interior going on deck and helping them? 

Regular Contributor

I had read somewhere (no idea where) that he had his second throat surgery (possibly cancer...but can't remember) and his current fiance was his nurse.  

It is also possible that none of that information was correct per whatever source I read.