Trusted Contributor

Re: Below Deck Mediterranean -anyone watching??

My DH and I love this series. We watch all of them in the series, Below Deck Med, Below Deck. Only realty show we watch. This season has been fraught with problem people. Riley should never have taken the position, she is too used to giving orders and not taking them. As one can see from the last episode it was not Chandler because now she is at the new acting Bosun. It is Riley. And, Caroline.....IMHO she has a dx straight from DSM-5.

We like both Captain Lee and Captain Sandy. Sandy is more hands on and Lee hands off. We look forward to what new and unique issue will arise.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching this season and I'm looking forward to this week to see the man-overboard episode.  I saw the Captain's emotional interview prior to the season starting and I've been wondering ever since.

Caroline had emotional problems and good thing she left.  Riley is a you-know-what and I like her the least. 

When is the reunion that another poster mentioned?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Kate has always been like this.  I really don't see her acting any different then she has in season's past.  If you recall, there have been a few other stews that have had issues with Kate and that have complained about her.

Rylee is a real piece of work.  So was Caroline.  It was always something with her.  Yes she had a foot issue of some kind but when Kate tried to tell her she needed to stay in bed to rest her foot and heel it,  she got mad that Kate was treating her like a child.  She acted like a child.  Yeah she had a sinus infection. Take some pills for it and get with it. She was just inept.  At everything.  She didn't know how to make any drinks and she ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  She didn't know what she was doing.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think Kate has always been like this.  I really don't see her acting any different then she has in season's past.  If you recall, there have been a few other stews that have had issues with Kate and that have complained about her.

Rylee is a real piece of work.  So was Caroline.  It was always something with her.  Yes she had a foot issue of some kind but when Kate tried to tell her she needed to stay in bed to rest her foot and heel it,  she got mad that Kate was treating her like a child.  She acted like a child.  Yeah she had a sinus infection. Take some pills for it and get with it. She was just inept.  At everything.  She didn't know how to make any drinks and she ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  She didn't know what she was doing.    

Hi LD!  I see that you and I are watching the same show.  Smiley Wink    I agree with every single thing you said here.  

For me, Kate is Kate.  She knows her job, doesn't take krap, and just wants to get on with things.

But Rylee and Caroline - well, everything you said.  I wish it had been Rylee who left instead of the Bosun.  Now the new Bosun gets to see how she acts with more clarity than when he was just one of the crew with her.   She was the one who I immediately found to be, the most, a PITA and annoying when this season started.  The two seem related - always turning everything around to 'poor, poor pitiful me'.  gack!

Caroline - it's always something.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Honored Contributor

i have been watching.

it started out kind of slow, but this build up to two people leaving has been major drama. cannot wait to see what happens on the episode this week.

not a huge kate fan, but i guess she is good at what she does and captain lee seems to really like her.

caroline has been going off on social media.

captain lee has a book out if anyone is interested. "running against the tide"

it is getting excellent reviews on amazon.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I'm loving this season.  Chandler was the most inept bosun.  I thought he said he had a couple of years experience but it must have been on a canoe.  I lost all respect for him when Captain Lee had a talk with him about something stupid he did and then had the nerve to curse at Captain Lee under his breathe as he was leaving.  I don't care for Rylee's attitude but she is a hard worker and wants to learn.  Even though Kate was annoyed by Caroline, I thought Kate was pretty patient with her and tried to find solutions for whatever Caroline was dealing with.  I don't think Caroline was emotionally ready for this type of experience and every little request or suggestion caused her anxiety. As @sunshine45 mentioned, Caroline is still lashing out on social media (twitter) and just doesn't appear mentally healthy.  Something is definitely off with her (other than her mother's illness).  

BTW, this is Below Deck (the original) and not BD Med.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I am still watching and agree with all being said about Caroline, Chandler, and Rhylee. This sure is a season of mistakes and it doesn't look like things improve much this week.

Honored Contributor

What a dud last night.  As DH and I were getting ready to watch, I told him that I bet the deck hand would go overboard at the very end. Sure enough, that's what happened so it's dragged out until next week.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What a dud last night.  As DH and I were getting ready to watch, I told him that I bet the deck hand would go overboard at the very end. Sure enough, that's what happened so it's dragged out until next week.   

I know!  I had a feeling they would wait until the very last minute of the episode!  

Ashton was supposed to be on WWHL the other night, but I later read Andy had mentioned on Twitter that Bravo decided to wait until the full episode aired, so I guess Ashton will be on WWHL next week.  

Amanda Juarez @AmandaJuarez01 Dec 4

@Maybe this will give some insight as to why @AshtonPienaar was not on #WWHL tonight. @Andy #belowdeck 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥