Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,934
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: Below Deck Med


@jellyBEAN wrote:

Am I the only one that watched last night's episode?  Johnny Damon (Red Sox/Yankee) baseball player and company were the guests.  Seemed like lots of issues popped up on this charter.  The weather, docking, anchor problems, etc...

 

The thing that struck me the most about this episode was the measley portions divied out to these guests.  All these big beefy guys and they are served a tiny little salad, 2 - count em 2 - tiny eggplant rotini things and then a dessert.  That was barely enough to feed a little mouse let alone all these guys.

 

I'm assuming the long-haired woman who thought she was all that was Damon's wife?  Jeeez, guess I know who wears the pants in that household.  She is a Bimbo with a capital B.  You'd think she was the one who worked her butt off for years n years to afford this lifestyle and special treatment. 

 

Hannah had a point when she said people just don't act like that in Monaco.  Gives people a bad impression of Americans.  (current events aside that is)

 

And what about Aesha and Jack?  They seem very well suited for each other if you ask me.  Apparently it doesn't last though, judging by what she said on WWHL when she was on.  I really like this show.  Something must be wrong with me Cat Surprised


No you're not alone!  I watched it. This show is one of my faves. I think Aesha and Jack are adorable together.  I don't see any chemistry with Hannah and Travis. He's a bit of a doofus.  I think they are foreshadowing a possbile thing with her and Joao. Is it just me but sober, responsible, upstanding, non d-bag Joao is super hot?  He really is attractive.  It was funny seeing the trashy guests and Johnny Damon.  I would not want to be portrayed that way, how embarassing.  I think he's the only actual celebrity I've seen on this show.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 952
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

@LipstickDiva wrote:

The new stew seems like a real trip.  It's like she was smoking something before her interviews.  She seemed very, very laid back and almost goofy.  Like a surfer/valley girl.  I have a feeling she and Hannah are going to go at it.  

 

Kate from BD and Aeshia were on WWHL last night.  Man Aeshia laughed at everything.  I just don't care for her.  


What, What, What is up with the new stew??

Valued Contributor
Posts: 952
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Below Deck Med


@Grouchomarx wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Am I the only one that watched last night's episode?  Johnny Damon (Red Sox/Yankee) baseball player and company were the guests.  Seemed like lots of issues popped up on this charter.  The weather, docking, anchor problems, etc...

 

The thing that struck me the most about this episode was the measley portions divied out to these guests.  All these big beefy guys and they are served a tiny little salad, 2 - count em 2 - tiny eggplant rotini things and then a dessert.  That was barely enough to feed a little mouse let alone all these guys.

 

I'm assuming the long-haired woman who thought she was all that was Damon's wife?  Jeeez, guess I know who wears the pants in that household.  She is a Bimbo with a capital B.  You'd think she was the one who worked her butt off for years n years to afford this lifestyle and special treatment. 

 

Hannah had a point when she said people just don't act like that in Monaco.  Gives people a bad impression of Americans.  (current events aside that is)

 

And what about Aesha and Jack?  They seem very well suited for each other if you ask me.  Apparently it doesn't last though, judging by what she said on WWHL when she was on.  I really like this show.  Something must be wrong with me Cat Surprised


No you're not alone!  I watched it. This show is one of my faves. I think Aesha and Jack are adorable together.  I don't see any chemistry with Hannah and Travis. He's a bit of a doofus.  I think they are foreshadowing a possbile thing with her and Joao. Is it just me but sober, responsible, upstanding, non d-bag Joao is super hot?  He really is attractive.  It was funny seeing the trashy guests and Johnny Damon.  I would not want to be portrayed that way, how embarassing.  I think he's the only actual celebrity I've seen on this show.  


Aesha and Jack are at WORK though-would drive me nuts at work-a bar, fine...

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,440
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Below Deck Med

@jellyBEAN  - I watched last night and enjoyed it.   J. Damon's wife is a real piece of work!  I agree about Hannah's comment about how people behave in Monaco.  Just because you have money, doesn't mean you hae any class!!

 

Is there any security on these yachts?  When the crew goes out at night, it seems they can just walk back on with no one checking?  If I was a guest, I wouldn't feel too secure.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 50,779
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Below Deck Med


@LipstickDiva wrote:

The new stew seems like a real trip.  It's like she was smoking something before her interviews.  She seemed very, very laid back and almost goofy.  Like a surfer/valley girl.  I have a feeling she and Hannah are going to go at it.  

 

Kate from BD and Aeshia were on WWHL last night.  Man Aeshia laughed at everything.  I just don't care for her.  


I don't care for her either @LipstickDiva... Could easily get past her potty mouth, but something about her voice drives me up a wall and she's just goofy... So is Jack... As for June, glad Sandy called her bluff by giving June her own radio... June's a whiner... Hannah hasn't been that rough on her that I've seen, but she never seems to be responsive... Disgusting as they were, I'm glad the Damon party called them out on the food... Try as she might, that girl is no chef... If I paid what those cruises undoubtedly cost, I'd be more than disappointed in the meals being served... 


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,363
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Below Deck Med


@twinsister wrote:

@jellyBEAN  - I watched last night and enjoyed it.   J. Damon's wife is a real piece of work!  I agree about Hannah's comment about how people behave in Monaco.  Just because you have money, doesn't mean you hae any class!!

 

Is there any security on these yachts?  When the crew goes out at night, it seems they can just walk back on with no one checking?  If I was a guest, I wouldn't feel too secure.


 

@twinsister 

 

when the crew goes out at night there are no guests aboard....it is their evening off. there are other people who work on the yacht also, not just the ones they feature.

 

joao has really matured this year.....and it looks like he and captain sandy have a lot of respect for each other.

Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. - Dr. Seuss
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,196
Registered: ‎04-03-2010

Re: Below Deck Med

@Sunshine45That's a good point about getting back on the boat late at night - if there is no security, anybody could walk on - esp. drunk people acting stupid or somebody up to no good.  But I guess w/all this stuff being filmed by a camera crew, it is not "under normal circumstances."

 

Joao has matured.  He better off staying away from too much alcohol.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,030
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Below Deck Med

DH and I began watching with the original BD and then began watching this.  We both were talking about how this show is bad now.  

 

It seems most of these reality shows start off ok but then they do what they need to do to create drama for tv and this show seems to be quickly heading down that path.  We were both barely paying attention Monday night.

 

June is a stoned out nut, Jack is a lazy, unmotivated goofball, Aesha is a good worker but still just can't stand her voice and I could swear she said was dating someone but is now hooking up with Jack and the chef needs to go back down to being a stew.  

 

From last week's previews into the rest of the season, it sounds like we hear Ben's voice so I'm thinking he will come on as the chef to finish out the charter, June will be let go and the chef now will go back to stew.

 

I don't think Hannah is hard on June at all.  She actually seems very nice and patient.  I would have lost my you know what with her already.    

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,321
Registered: ‎03-19-2014

Re: Below Deck Med

I'm still watching too!

 

I've often wondered about security on the yachts between charters.  I know the BD Cast that are a part of the crew normally go out for dinner/partying but that only leaves the captain and the Engineer and maybe one other person on board.  I've always thought it looked like it would be fairly easy to hop on board.  Even when they get back from the evening and have all gone to bed.  I'm wondering if there isn't a film crew on duty throughout the night that keeps tab on the entrance to the yacht.

 

I love Aesha's upbeat attitude but after awhile it kind of grates on my nerves somewhat.  I read elsewhere that it was rumored that June was dating Conrad from last season and that's why she's been evasive if she had a boyfriend and went to throw up after Hannah asked her.  It would also explain her strange behavior around Hannah.  I have no idea if that's even remotely true or not and haven't investigated their IG accounts or anything but I thought it made a lot of sense.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,030
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Below Deck Med

I'm going to guess that where these yachts are docked is gated or there is a security hut before you ever get to walk down the dock to board various boats.  

 

When they leave these yachts, you can see them walking up a long pier.  They never show them at the end of the pier, walking into the parking lot, etc  I think that is where security probably is for all these yachts.  

 

Otherwise, yes anyone would be able to board anyone's boat.