Respected Contributor

I don't think there is any security so to speak on the yachts, just the remaining staff.  It's the same with river boats in Europe, they tie up side by side at docks and guest from other boats will walk right through your boat to get to theirs. I always thought that idea was creepy and what if someone was really drunk or on drugs and stayed on the wrong boat.

Honored Contributor

The chef (Anastasia?) has gone OVERBOARD with confidence and ego. Her portions were ridiculously small for those big men and she said she was cooking what SHE wanted to serve to the guests. I don't understand it because she knew he was a Star Athlete and she didn't ask what he wanted to be served or try and please him and his guests at all. I thought that was totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

I think the picture of Ben with the crew is real and I bet he takes over for her.

I was no Joao fan last season but I have to admit he has won me over this season. He really has matured and is doing a great job.

Colin is such a nice person..he is nice to everyone.

June is a total air head...she had to have that radio off on purpose.

Johnny Damons wife is quite rough around the edges.

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm going to guess that where these yachts are docked is gated or there is a security hut before you ever get to walk down the dock to board various boats.  

When they leave these yachts, you can see them walking up a long pier.  They never show them at the end of the pier, walking into the parking lot, etc  I think that is where security probably is for all these yachts.  

Otherwise, yes anyone would be able to board anyone's boat.     

I suspect you're right about the security. Probably a gate to get on and off the dock... Agree about the show's deterioration... This crew has not grown on me and I find them essentially not very likable, though I do like Colin and one or two others. The 'guests' seem to get worse every week and the fake drama seems to get more and more fake...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

DH and I began watching with the original BD and then began watching this.  We both were talking about how this show is bad now.  

It seems most of these reality shows start off ok but then they do what they need to do to create drama for tv and this show seems to be quickly heading down that path.  We were both barely paying attention Monday night.

June is a stoned out nut, Jack is a lazy, unmotivated goofball, Aesha is a good worker but still just can't stand her voice and I could swear she said was dating someone but is now hooking up with Jack and the chef needs to go back down to being a stew.  

From last week's previews into the rest of the season, it sounds like we hear Ben's voice so I'm thinking he will come on as the chef to finish out the charter, June will be let go and the chef now will go back to stew.

I don't think Hannah is hard on June at all.  She actually seems very nice and patient.  I would have lost my you know what with her already.    

OH my gosh-so agree with you-she never gives just a normal answer-even to the captain.

Trusted Contributor

This is a highly scripted reality show.  Other than

the camera crew there are "real" staff running the ship behind the scene's.  It's not just Captain Sandy

and the rest shooting on screen.

The so called "guests" who are being filmed most likely don't pay much if anything to take these 2 day

charters.  Maybe the tip?

What real "billionaire" pays big money to be filmed

on a holiday yacht charter for the masses to laugh at and be entertained on TV? 

I do still like the show, Joao is much more mature than

last season, Hannah is still annoying.  I find Jack to be a hoot which at first I found him hard to take  too.   Anastasia is very young but has potential at becoming a good chef one day.  

I still favor Captain Lee and his crew though!

Respected Contributor

I would like to see them shake up the crew.  I would like Kate to be paired with Sandy and Hannah with Lee to see the dynamic there.

Respected Contributor

Joao has changed so much.  So much more mature.  But I do think his criticisms of Aesha are because she seems to have cozied up to Jack.  She is a little bit of a loosey goosey, but does her job very well. 

I'm surprised the guys are not interested in Anastasia.  She's very cute.  Or maybe she's just not interested in them.  But she always seems to be on the outside of the group.  Maybe if she had remained 3rd stew, things would be different. 

She started out so well with her meals, but she does plate very small portions.  That salad given to the baseball player's entourage was laughable, it didn't even cover 1/2 the plate. 

I like Captain Sandy.  She's more hands on and friendlier than Captain Lee and seems to be more involved in what's going on.  I also feel Colin is always sort of on the outside of the group too.  Other than Joao the deckhands have picked up girlfriends - if you include Travis and Hannah as well - and Colin works so hard - why is he 3rd deckhand?  He should be the one under Joao in rank, not Travis imo.

I enjoy the show.  It's different than the other Bravo shows and I like the scenery we get to see.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Contributor
I’m sensing that “ the foods not hot enough” will be the major big deal this season. It’s already old by now.
Honored Contributor

What an embarrassing group.  The owners of the yacht arranged for what should have been a nice day in Monaco and most of them acted like a bunch of ill-mannered buffoons.  Aesha was absolutely classless with her dancing and rubbing herself and I don't even know what to say about Travis.

However, talk about scripted and fake.  Why would they practically carry Travis into that nice restaurant?  He needed to go back to the yacht in his condition, not taken to a nice dining establishment.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What an embarrassing group.  The owners of the yacht arranged for what should have been a nice day in Monaco and most of them acted like a bunch of ill-mannered buffoons.  Aesha was absolutely classless with her dancing and rubbing herself and I don't even know what to say about Travis.

However, talk about scripted and fake.  Why would they practically carry Travis into that nice restaurant?  He needed to go back to the yacht in his condition, not taken to a nice dining establishment.     

ITA

They acted terribly in Monaco. Travis was a drunk disgrace. 

I don't understand Aesha...I know I would act more reserved sexually in public if I was attacked as she was. I would act way more reserved in any circumstance but I guess she is a free spirit and this is her personality.

I honestly just don't understand her and why she would want to be seen this way ...especially on TV.