Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Even with Anastasia cooking, the meals might well have tasted better, but they'd hardly qualify as 'gourmet'... Compared to past years, I'd feel pretty ripped off had I signed up for a yacht experience this year... The sight of Mila dumping crabmeat out of a can was just too much when guests are paying what they're paying for that experience...

As for Joao and Brook, in fairness, she doesn't have a voice this year, but I believe has come out and stated his allegations of her 'cheating' were not true... Who know... Who cares...

@stevieb , 

I don't believe the Joao and Brooke thing....I can't forget how he flirted with the other blonde stew last year when he was so in love with Brooke. I think he is acting...again.

The food can't be compared to previous years. I would think Sandy would be on the Horn asap requesting another chef after looking at the first meal Mila turned out. There has to be other chefs available when people are paying this kind of money. I am beginning to think all of these shows are scripted.

Why would the guests want to be seen in such a negative light as many of them are? Something isn't ringing true IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON  It's becoming increasingly clear that most 'reality' TV is more fiction than fact...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I am late to the game as I DVR this show and watch it on Wednesday’s. I really enjoyed this episode, it was funny and very light. I really like the whole crew, male and female alike. They all have their faults but they work nicely together so far. Even train wreck Mila is a sympathetic cast member. I guess I enjoy the aspect of travel and the guest drama on this show vs hard core cast member conflict. It’s been a bit peaceful and entertaining and I love the newly refreshed Joao and Hannah. Love Anastasia too she is so talented and hardworking. I don’t eat raw meat generally but on a luxury yacht I would easily eat beef carpaccio without hesitation! I think sometimes they look for drama where it doesn’t exist. This show makes me contemplate when I win the lottery and do my charter, what are my preference sheet points. LOL. 

Honored Contributor

7/15/19

if anyone is watching the show and knows the "queen of versailles" jackie siegel, she is on the yacht tonight!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I'm still watching.  I njoy this show - I think the crew is pretty entertaining this year and they are all very nice looking young people.  I'm aware Anastasia's mother is a pastry chef, but how did Anastasia learn to cook all these other things and know how to make them look so attractive when plated?  Doesn't that require some sort of formal training?

Jaoa (sp?) put her down while they were out partying, saying she was not a Michelin chef or a 5 star chef - whatever - she wasn't trained as such - he gets mean when he drinks, and is aware of it.  He did apologize to Aesha about what he said about her "loose" behavior at the clubs.  I like Jack but he is sort of creepy, the things he says and his remarks about females - and he doesn't have to be drinking to say those things either.

This Queen of Versaille - the picture of her home/palace she was building wasn't very attractive at all.  She seems very full of herself.  I never watched her "reality" program either.  So now the crew has carried all their food and equipment up to the top of this scenic overlook and they have no cutlery.  Of all things.

If I was on a yacht like that I'd spend most of the day riding the slide into the water or jumping off the boat into the water.  And eating delicious freshly prepared foods.  Soaking up the sun and njoying the views.  What a nice vacation that would be.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Anastasia previously worked on a yacht and among other things helped the chef....she was sort of like a sous chef. She learned a lot doing that.

Frequent Contributor

I like, for the most part, all the crew this year on BDM. I like Captain Sandy and appreciate how she goes out of her way to try to help crew advance (like she's doing with Anastasia and did with Joao), but don't like it when she plays favorites. However, Captain Lee on BD also has his favorites.

Ben has said on his social media that he doesn't replace the chef this year, so I don't think that will happen. However, I believe Anastasia ends up having to step down as chef and they bring someone on and then she'll go back to being third stew and June will have to leave. Just my guess.

I also think June might be pregnant...she was reluctant to talk about her boyfriend and she vomits in next week's preview. 

We'll see if I'm right.

I like BDM and BD and have watched all seasons a few times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

The new stew seems like a real trip.  It's like she was smoking something before her interviews.  She seemed very, very laid back and almost goofy.  Like a surfer/valley girl.  I have a feeling she and Hannah are going to go at it.  

Kate from BD and Aeshia were on WWHL last night.  Man Aeshia laughed at everything.  I just don't care for her.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

I'm catch as catch can with this one this season. I've seen a few shows, but not compelled to watch or never to miss it. Overall, don't care for the crew this year and the guests are, as usual, often sort of disgusting. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Am I the only one that watched last night's episode?  Johnny Damon (Red Sox/Yankee) baseball player and company were the guests.  Seemed like lots of issues popped up on this charter.  The weather, docking, anchor problems, etc...

The thing that struck me the most about this episode was the measley portions divied out to these guests.  All these big beefy guys and they are served a tiny little salad, 2 - count em 2 - tiny eggplant rotini things and then a dessert.  That was barely enough to feed a little mouse let alone all these guys.

I'm assuming the long-haired woman who thought she was all that was Damon's wife?  Jeeez, guess I know who wears the pants in that household.  She is a Bimbo with a capital B.  You'd think she was the one who worked her butt off for years n years to afford this lifestyle and special treatment. 

Hannah had a point when she said people just don't act like that in Monaco.  Gives people a bad impression of Americans.  (current events aside that is)

And what about Aesha and Jack?  They seem very well suited for each other if you ask me.  Apparently it doesn't last though, judging by what she said on WWHL when she was on.  I really like this show.  Something must be wrong with me Cat Surprised

Flowers are nature's way of laughing