Honored Contributor

Related image

Here is Ben with the crew so it looks like it's true.

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

To me, it's becoming increasingly clear this season is not to be endured. I don't know who casts these shows, but this has to be one of the all time worst set of choices ever... Other than Colin, Hannah (so far) Joao (again, so far) and Anastasia, this cast is utterly not personable... Aisha's voice is grating and her incessant focus on bodily functions is simply not normal... Jack isn't as attractive as the producers apparently thought he was, is barely understandable most of the time and despite an obvious joie de vivre is a bit infantile and annoying... Travis seems merely bland and a bit angry... Mila is both a personal train wreck and a dreadful chef... And then there's captain Sandy, whose bonding rituals with Joao are getting thoroughly sickening... Add in a bunch of crude 'guests' and this show, this year, is sinking... Glub... glub... glub...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Oh thank goodness Mila will be replaced with Ben.  I can't believe she fudged her resume and pretended to be a highly trained chef.  How was that found out?  Other than her not doing well with her meals.  I mean, even I can make decent pancakes.  The nerve of some people.

Anyway, Ben will be a pleasant addition as her replacement.  I feel a little different about the deckhands.  I think Colin is too nice.  Too normal.  He doesn't want to cause anyone any grief and is always the peacemaker and voice of reason.  I like Jack - the Liverpudlian.  It's the other guy I don't care for.  I think Jaoa (sp?) is trying his best to do a good job.  Cap Sandy likes him.  I also am surprised he really cared all that much for Brooke.  He seemed to really favor that other girl last season. 

As for the stews, thank goodness Anastasia has a cooking background.  But that tiny tower of spagetti she served w/4 small meatballs wasn't much of a main course.  True they had a nice salad and a wonderful dessert, so all combined would be OK for a woman, but seems like a man eating would want a bigger serving of spagetti than that.

I'm liking this season.  Not thrilled w/seeing the same guests every season though.  I don't think that Dr. is all that and her hangers on were kind of snobbish. 

As far as the girl who is obsessed with bodily gross out, it was said she grew up with 4 or 5 brothers, so I guess that is the type of humor (body functions) she is accustomed to.  Other than that she seems hard working and likeable to me. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I hope Ben does replace Mila. I read somewhere that he said that picture was taken when he was visiting the crew. Maybe he said that because he was told not to give anything away till it airs. We will soon find out.

I don't understand why a background check isn't done for employment on these yachts. People are paying a giant chunk of money for the vacation of their dreams and someone working on the yacht can just write anything that makes them sound good...get the job and totally destroy their trip....I just don't get it.

I think Sandys obsession with Joao is weird and a bit unprofessional. She REALLY likes him.

I grew up with all brothers and I am nothing like the stew with the crude habits...yuck!

Esteemed Contributor

I still say the "fake chef" storyline is production driven.  I mean...how convenient that the third stew is also a chef or has some degree of experience anyway.  Both Captain Lee and Captain Sandy said on twitter about a week ago that Mila was not a plant but I'm just not buying it.  Of course, they're probably told to deny anything like that if they want to stay employed with Below Deck.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

To me, it's becoming increasingly clear this season is not to be endured. I don't know who casts these shows, but this has to be one of the all time worst set of choices ever... Other than Colin, Hannah (so far) Joao (again, so far) and Anastasia, this cast is utterly not personable... Aisha's voice is grating and her incessant focus on bodily functions is simply not normal... Jack isn't as attractive as the producers apparently thought he was, is barely understandable most of the time and despite an obvious joie de vivre is a bit infantile and annoying... Travis seems merely bland and a bit angry... Mila is both a personal train wreck and a dreadful chef... And then there's captain Sandy, whose bonding rituals with Joao are getting thoroughly sickening... Add in a bunch of crude 'guests' and this show, this year, is sinking... Glub... glub... glub...

@stevieb, you said exactly what I was thinking.  I just do not care for this show at all this season.  It's horrible and I'm finding the whole Mila fiasco to be very fake and scripted.  

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I still say the "fake chef" storyline is production driven.  I mean...how convenient that the third stew is also a chef or has some degree of experience anyway.  Both Captain Lee and Captain Sandy said on twitter about a week ago that Mila was not a plant but I'm just not buying it.  Of course, they're probably told to deny anything like that if they want to stay employed with Below Deck.  

@shoptilyadropagain , I too was thinking it was very ODD that a stew was an excellent chef. 

The guests along with the crew have me wondering about their authenticity. 

Some of these people are really OUT THERE.

Respected Contributor

If Ben DOES happen to become the replacement chef, isn't it remarkable that he just happened to be available in the south of France. LOL

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Even with Anastasia cooking, the meals might well have tasted better, but they'd hardly qualify as 'gourmet'... Compared to past years, I'd feel pretty ripped off had I signed up for a yacht experience this year... The sight of Mila dumping crabmeat out of a can was just too much when guests are paying what they're paying for that experience...

As for Joao and Brook, in fairness, she doesn't have a voice this year, but I believe has come out and stated his allegations of her 'cheating' were not true... Who know... Who cares...

Honored Contributor

lRe: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb, you said exactly what I was thinking.  I just do not care for this show at all this season.  It's horrible and I'm finding the whole Mila fiasco to be very fake and scripted.  

@Lipstickdiva  Very strange season if you ask me... Nothing has come together well this year and agree, the Mila thing doesn't ring true...