Respected Contributor

Anyone watching this show? It's one of my favorites.  Captain Sandy is so cool. The new chef is already a trainwreck.  A terrible cook and a homophobe to boot.  I hope she gets fired very soon.  Love the new season so far.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm still undecided on the new cast... I never could stand Joao, but predicted he'd be back, since Sandy clearly loves him... He does seem to be a bit less full of himself this year... That cook is a witch and the very definition of a piece of work... on top of apparently being a lousy cook... It'll be interesting to see how she is dealt with... I missed the first episode but was able to tape it and did see the second episode and will see how things unfold for the next few weeks before deciding whether to watch the entire season... I do enjoy Colin and am curious to see if Hannah can maintain a full season of being sensible...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I'm watching.  BD and BDM are two of my favorite (if not overall favorite) shows.  I couldn't believe Chef Mila's first few meals that we've seen so far.  I almost think that has to be production driven.....I could do better than her.  I get the 2nd and 3rd stew mixed up all the time....same with the deckhands except for Colin.  Sandy has never been my favorite captain.  She's inconsistant in how she handles situations and plays favorites. Plus, I'll never forget the time the two anchor chains got into a twisted mess and it took them all day to get it untangled.  I can't see that happening ever on Captain Lee's yacht.

The other day, I was watching the marathon of the first season of BD and I didn't realize, at the time, how much the other crew members who are not cast members were given air time.  Not as much as the "cast" but they were mentioned and talked on camera a little.  It was much more than what we see/hear now.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I usually watch this on reruns........have seen just a bit of the new season.  Question:  do you think Hannah and Jao will hook up by the end of the season?  They were bitter enemies last season, but that seems to have been forgotten.

Esteemed Contributor

I have them on my DVR but haven't watched yet.  I just can't stand Joao and when I saw he was on that kind of turned me off from wanting to watch it.

Respected Contributor

I think Joao is acting more sensibly this season. Hopefully he'll not hook up with every female on board this time.  Hannah too seems to be having herself pulled together.  She should not have gotten mixed up with that young man last season, it drove her to distraction.  I miss the two chefs that have been on before, Adam and the British one.  They were both great.  From the coming attractions I've seen, it's possible they will use the stew that was once a chef as a fill in for the Russian psycho.  I hope she will be off the show for good soon.  So far all the new cast are appealing except the chef.  I would like to see less discord this season and more funny stuff and crazy guests. Although I know that won't happen.  They will all get themselves in trouble.  

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I have them on my DVR but haven't watched yet.  I just can't stand Joao and when I saw he was on that kind of turned me off from wanting to watch it.

@Wsmom  Agree... I don't like him at all... But will see how things unfold... I thought he was a real pig last year and had more or less decided that if he returned I'd opt out, but decided to give it a whirl...

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med

[ Edited ]

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Yes, I'm watching.  BD and BDM are two of my favorite (if not overall favorite) shows.  I couldn't believe Chef Mila's first few meals that we've seen so far.  I almost think that has to be production driven.....I could do better than her.  I get the 2nd and 3rd stew mixed up all the time....same with the deckhands except for Colin.  Sandy has never been my favorite captain.  She's inconsistant in how she handles situations and plays favorites. Plus, I'll never forget the time the two anchor chains got into a twisted mess and it took them all day to get it untangled.  I can't see that happening ever on Captain Lee's yacht.

The other day, I was watching the marathon of the first season of BD and I didn't realize, at the time, how much the other crew members who are not cast members were given air time.  Not as much as the "cast" but they were mentioned and talked on camera a little.  It was much more than what we see/hear now.  

@shoptilyadropagain  Absolutely agree about Sandy... Not a favorite of mine either... She seems very capricious in how she evaluates staff and how she treats them... Unless there was more to it than we saw, I thought her treatment and judgment of the bosun last year was reprehensible... She does play favorites and she's clearly amenable to the suck-ups...

I too wondered if Mila's ineptitude was part of the plan and also wonder if they won't keep her around simply to provide drama, though the previews did make it look as though they're going to replace her with one of the stews... Somehow, I can't see her agreeing to stick around and scrub toilets..

Honored Contributor

I'm not liking this cast much.  I'm having a terrible time understanding the guy with the wild hair and the one stew with the filthy mouth.  

I like how Sandy immediately told the one deckhand that he had to refer to her as Captain Sandy but Hannah calls her just Sandy all the time.

I figured from the start Mila is there for drama.  No cordon bleu trained chef is going to serve what she is.  I don't believe any trained chef would serve that garbage.  Those nachos looked like dog food.      

Trusted Contributor

Yes..love BDM and BD. Can't see that chef lasting more than a few more meals.  I'm looking forward to watching her dismissal. Did'nt care for her from the getgo.

I miss Adam and Ben.. would like to see either of them return, would so love a meal made by each of them. Yum !!

I figure Hanna will hook up with someone as usual.. I never thought it'd be Joao though.. t's always fun to watch though.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~