Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med Season Finale

If you remember, Andy asked everyone with a show of hands, who would work with Mat again.  All of them raised their hand with the exception of Sandy.  When Andy pointed that out, Sandy said she liked and needed reliability.  Mat, being who he is, got his feelings hurt and his reaction was to go at her like a petulant child, rather than be an adult and realize why she said what she said.  From that moment on, he had no use for her.  Sandy even told him that he didn't know when to stop talking and that his problem is himself.  

I liked this crew for the most part with the exception of Mat and Lexi.  It was refeshing to see that most of them were supportive of each other, helped each other out and got along.  IMO their drinking didn't come close to some of the antics of other past crews.

I do think Katie should have kept Delaney, if for nothing else than laundry as others have said.  However, it seems Katie had very strong feelings that Delaney had lied on her CV and she couldn't get over that.  

Overall I didn't care for the reunion.  Because of the format, they were all talking over each other.  They were laughing but didn't seem to have a whole lot to say most of the time.  Courtney looked absolutely out of it.  At one point she appeared to be on the verge of passing out.  That was ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like Captain Sandy got it right about Mat.  She would be foolish to hire him again.

I thought the reason Katie wouldn't keep Delaney was her reluctance to make the crew members change cabins.  I thought she felt like it would make her unpopular with them and that's why she decided to try to make it with just two.  It It was a terrible decision right from the start.  Terribly unfair to Courtney, especially.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp   After Lexi was fired Katie was offered the option of getting Delaney back.  She turned it down and that is when they went down to 2 stews.  Delaney could have taken Lexi's bed and nobody else would have had to move.

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I watched the finale and reunion.

Nothing really new. If I were Capt Sandy I would never hire Mat again...he was so disrespectful to her saying she was terrible. She was so kind to him and gave him moire chances than necessary. He is very strange to me.

I was disappointed in Courtney at the reunion..she was drunk. 

I really wish they would limit the amount of alcohol the crew can drink while being filmed. They get hurt and worse can happen. 

I did hear Mat say they were being fed non stop alcohol so I guess Bravo does this purposely.

Not entertaining or healthy IMO.

Totally agree! Has anyone ever not been a drinker?

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Snoopp   After Lexi was fired Katie was offered the option of getting Delaney back.  She turned it down and that is when they went down to 2 stews.  Delaney could have taken Lexi's bed and nobody else would have had to move.

I didn't realize that a cabin was open.  I don't know what Katie was thinking to let Delaney go.  Delaney could have handled all the laundry if she didn't want to train her in anything else.