Esteemed Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med , Season 6 CROATIA 2021

Looks like Captain Sandy is going to have a rough charter, chef is a weird dude for sure.  Guests look like they will be a problem.  

Respected Contributor

I'll be watching. It is recording right now. 

If you get on Captain Sandy's bad side for whatever reason, it would be a long season in tight quarters!

Valued Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I'll probably watch but only because there is very little to choose from in that time slot. Captain Sandy drove me crazy last season with her micro managing and playing favorites with the crew. She was always making trouble. I prefer the management style of Captains Lee and Glen.

I’ve been watching the reruns with Captain Sandy.  I think she really let Hannah get under her skin and came off badly in the show.  She was more tolerable with Bugs as chief stew.  Still lurking around the boat, but a better person overall.  Malia Is shady.

Yes, Malia is a piece of work!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I watch all the Below Decks as well, including the sailing.

What a pickle the chef left the crew in.  He seems to have wonderful credentials though.

Funny, this chief stew dated that deckhand from Liverpool - Jack - who dated Aesha one season.  Aesha and Katie (this new chief stew) look very much alike.  All the stews are very pretty, the deckhands seem kinda nerdy to me.

The one deckhand compared himself to Nicholas Cage.  To me he looks more like Willie Wonka himself - Gene Wilder Woman Tongue.  I don't find any of the deckhands to be attractive.  There is usually at least one that is nice looking.  The chef looks kinda nutty as well.

We shall see what kind of season it will be.  Good grief though, if I just wanted my clothing freshened up by being steamed, and somebody washed and laundered it, I'd be upset.  I'm sure these are expensive clothes that you just can't throw in a washing machine.  I'd have had a heart attack, but then again, I would NEVER ask anyone to unpack and hang my things.  Some things I just like to do myself.

Hope its a good season.  Croatia does look beautiful though.  I need to look on a map and see where it is.  I'm guessing it is the Eastern side of the Med, a place I'm not at all familiar with.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Croatia is on my bucket list.  My dream is to do Italy and Croatia in the same trip.  My dream is also to win the lottery to pay for all this.  LOL

From watching the previews, now that Malia is single it looks like she really gets herself in some hot water.  She's not such a model employee like she presented herself last season. 

It's funny because when the show first started, I told my DH that the deckhand reminded me of a younger and dorkier Nicholas Cage then the deckhand said people told him he looked like Nicholas Cage.  LOL

The ladies seem interesting.  I see trouble with Miss Bahamas, who claimed never to tell anyone she was a pageant girl but it was the first words out of her mouth.  LOL

Sandy and the chief stew were on WWHL last night.  Doesn't sound like Sandy had much nice to say about the chef.  Does he come back?  I cannot believe he did that. If he hurt his knee that badly from going up and down steps, he's not in good physical condition to take on something like this.       

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Croatia is on my bucket list.  My dream is to do Italy and Croatia in the same trip.  My dream is also to win the lottery to pay for all this.  LOL

From watching the previews, now that Malia is single it looks like she really gets herself in some hot water.  She's not such a model employee like she presented herself last season. 

It's funny because when the show first started, I told my DH that the deckhand reminded me of a younger and dorkier Nicholas Cage then the deckhand said people told him he looked like Nicholas Cage.  LOL

The ladies seem interesting.  I see trouble with Miss Bahamas, who claimed never to tell anyone she was a pageant girl but it was the first words out of her mouth.  LOL

Sandy and the chief stew were on WWHL last night.  Doesn't sound like Sandy had much nice to say about the chef.  Does he come back?  I cannot believe he did that. If he hurt his knee that badly from going up and down steps, he's not in good physical condition to take on something like this.       

I believe so.  Judging from the promos for future episodes I see him cooking in the kitchen.  He was wearing his black chef outfit.  I watched WWHL too and yeah, Sandy sure didn't seem too thrilled with him, but didn't want to give too much away.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The boat itself is really nice this season.. but it has way to many steps for drinkers, the below deckers.. and the guest, it will be a real slip show. 

I've not even finished the first episode yet.. but I had to say Sandy's face was just priceless when chef was telling her of his knee issue !  Cat Surprised 

And Every time I here chief stew Katie's voice I here Hanna's voice especially when I'm not looking at the tv.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

The chef made it back to cook breakfast the next day.  The guests seem to love his food, he's just a basket case emotionally.  I like Captain Sandy, she seems to handle the complaints and problems fine, but its funny to hear her true thoughts when she's done talking with them.  Such as when the chef had ordered a ton of provisions for this charter, she said that was a red flag.  And then she talks to herself and says "why can't I ever have a good chef?"  lol

The guests do drink a lot.  How Katie could keep up with all the different drink requests and then make them all, is beyond me.  They all want fancy difficult drinks, no beer here!! 

Miss Jamaica does seem like she'll be raising cain - at least with the chef.  I don't like Malia ever since she got fresh w/Hannah over her boyfriend staying with her and Hannah having to move out of her room to accommodate him.  I'm not sure what the sleeping accommodations are this season.  I'm guessing Malia shares rooms with the chief stew?

So far I'm liking the season OK, just have to get to know the crew members and their names better.  Although I do find all the foreign accents very hard to understand at times - whether they are British or Australian, they speak very fast and with the accent I don't always get what they are saying.

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but my guess is that sometime during the season the chef will be replaced.  After all, they will HAVE to bring in someone for Malia to sleep with.  If pushed, I'm sure she would gladly sleep with anyone on the boat, but I think she'll think the current crew are below her not so high standards.

What I would LOVE to see (but I know it will not happen), if for Sandy to replace the chef with Tom (Malia's ex).  I would love for him to hook up with someone else in front of Malia.  Can you tell I don't like her?

Esteemed Contributor

I think there should be an assistant chef to help out, or take over in case something happens to the chef (like last week).  It is a lot for one person to prepare meals for the guest with all their demands/requests and cook for the crew also.