Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch this last night?  I did.  Not much happened the first night.  Laura and the guy that got fired after filming (can't remember his name, they edited him out most of the season), were not there.  Kiko was there for the first night.  Tom will be there next week.  They spent most of the time talking to Kiko and Hannah.  Not much drama.  Kiko is so nice.  He isn't upset with anyone, says he needs to learn.

One thing that did bother me is that Sandy said that Kiko needed to be more mature if he was to succeed.  A chef can't be emotional.  He needs to be more like Tom.  Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!  I guess she is just ignoring all the tantrums Tom had in the kitchen.  And how his girlfriend had to rub his back while he was cooking and then needed to take him to the bedrooms to calm him down during his tantrums.  That's my definition of mature and unemotional.

I don't know when this was filmed, but Malia is in London.  I'm assuming her and Tom are still together at filming, but we won't know until next week.  Jess and Rob are both in Florida, definately not together.  It looks like next week Jess gets riled up both at Rob and about Hannah getting let go because of drugs.  The preview makes it sound like Jess admits she had drugs on board....we'll see.

I don't really know why, but I will be watching next week.

Honored Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med Reunion

[ Edited ]

I had to laugh when Sandy said she does not have a favorite each season...everyone seems to know that but Sandy herself.

I agree with most of the crew that Kiko could have made it successfully through the season if Sandy supported him more and wasn't on him all the time.

I think Tom was scripted to take over for Kiko ... Sandys favorite Malia obviously wanted Tom on there.

Honored Contributor

I did watch.  I got a huge laugh out of Hannah's I Need a Valium mug she picked up to drink out of when they started talking about that whole situation.  I also thought Hannah looked beautiful.  I love her dress (although that one side needed to be picked up) and her hair and make-up looked stunning.

I can completely understand where she was coming from when she said she was over the crew nights out every couple of nights and just wanted to do her job, get her paycheck and go home.  I think she is older than the rest of the crew and those messy nights out didn't appeal to her any longer.  However,  it also got to the point where she didn't seem all that interested in doing her job either, just wanted the check.  I still think she should have quit before this season.  

And as irritated as I was with Malia and I still think she did what she did out of spite, I understand where Sandy was coming from in firing Hannah over the pills. 

I think Sandy is completely unprofessional.  All the way around. 

Honored Contributor

Hannah did look beautiful.

I too would have lost interest in the going out and getting fall down drunk nights with the crew. 

I agree that she should have moved on before the season started.

Respected Contributor

I watched and agree with most everyone's comments.  I don't think Sandy is able to view her actions through a neutral lens.  She definitely seems to play favorites and can't always see past her initial impression of someone.  Hannah looked radiant and I loved her mug!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched and can only say that Sandy takes no accountability for anything she did wrong.  In her mind, she is perfect.  IMHO, I think she is extremely unprofessional in how she handles things.  As I've mentioned previously, I understand why she felt the need to let Hannah go but it was the way in which the entire thing was handled that I have a problem with. 

Don't get me started on Malia either.  I think she is great at the day-to-day responsibilities of her job but is also completely unprofessional.  She goes running to whine to Sandy about everything instead of handling the situation herself.  She's doomed if she's looking at Sandy as a mentor and for professional guidance.   

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Below Deck, all of them, ran out of steam for me last year, so I didn't watch this season at all, including the reunion, but I have to agree with the assessments thus far about Sandy. She is a big part of the reason I walked away from this show. She likes to think she's a great people manager and she isn't at all. She definitely plays favorites and she's not the great judge of people she seems to think she is. All that said, of course, the shows are edited for drama.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I watched and can only say that Sandy takes no accountability for anything she did wrong.  In her mind, she is perfect.  IMHO, I think she is extremely unprofessional in how she handles things.  As I've mentioned previously, I understand why she felt the need to let Hannah go but it was the way in which the entire thing was handled that I have a problem with. 

Don't get me started on Malia either.  I think she is great at the day-to-day responsibilities of her job but is also completely unprofessional.  She goes running to whine to Sandy about everything instead of handling the situation herself.  She's doomed if she's looking at Sandy as a mentor and for professional guidance.   

@shoptilyadropagain , I like how Malia never responded or acknowledged the comment Sandy made about how she was annoyed that the cabin issue was brought to the bridge.  Andy never continued further with that comment either.  You could hear Hannah say that everything went to the bridge with Malia which certainly seemed to be the case.

And Sandy said that the first officer does the cabin arrangements and Malia chimed in that it would be her responsibility but Hannah said that Sandy had given her that task but again, Sandy nor Malia acknowledged that.   

Respected Contributor

@LipstickdivaI agree with you about the cabins.  In ALL the seasons I have watched the chief stew always decides on the cabins.  She is in charge of the interior.  Why would the bosun ever divide up cabins?  Sandy was wrong about this.

In fact, wasn't Hannah that decided that she should room with Malia...because then they could vent to each other.  Malia didn't make that decision. 

I agree with all the comments about Hannah.  She looks beautiful.  Pregnancy and being away from yatching agrees with her.

Valued Contributor

I just couldn't bring myself to watch ~ I thought I'd get furious all over again. I can't stand Sandy or Malia, so what's the point of that torture? 

I can't wait to see Captain Lee again ~ I don't think I'll be eager to watch the Med version any time soon.