Honored Contributor

Been watching a show about 411, missing persons

It's called Missing 411: The Hunted.  The national forests have stories of missing hunters who have hunted in these areas for years.  Very interesting.  Prime.  Disappearances unexplained and very mysterious.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Been watching a show about 411, missing persons

There are accidental shooting when the forests are filled with hunters . I know of one young guy from my area who  was accidentally killed while hunting by another hunter. I don't remember  if they ever knew who fatally shot him.

Honored Contributor

If you ever visited or especially hiked in some of the narrow, rocky canyons in the Southwest, you could see how this could easily happen.  Consider some of the vast wooded areas (North woods of Maine) where a person could be injured but finding him is like looking for a needle in a haystack. 

They just recently found the body of a woman who disappeared while hiking the Appalachian Trail after a search of several years.  She was found a couple hundred yards off the trail in dense woods.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal David Paulides is one of my favorite investigators.  I always felt this was one of his best shows.  He has several books as well.  He really does an exceptional job investigating these open cases.  Really gets you thinking.  Some of those cases are really strange.  There is a lot of weird disappearances that happen each year and never get solved.  

Frequent Contributor

David Paulides has a YouTube channel where he chronicals missing people that meet his critieria for research.  It is interesting and he has a lot of different experiences given his past as a cop.  He provides the facts and lets you come up with a theory.  He stresses critical thinking and coming to your own conclusions about topics.  His YouTube channel is CanAm Missing Project.  He drops videos every Sunday and Wednesday on missing people and Fridays about current events.  Check it out.

Valued Contributor

I read about it here on this boards a few months ago. I love it. David is very passionate about his ideas. I don't agree with some of them. 

He lost his son to suicide one year ago. I have seen him cry a few times.

A few months ago he went to visit a friend and his wife. They went to a restaurant chosen at the last moment.

Robert Bigelow was sitting next to them, who also lost a son to suicide. Bigelow owned the famous Skinwalker Ranch.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  Thank you for recommending this program.  It was an eye opener as many of my relatives are lifetime experienced hunters. 

They never hunt alone.  Always 2-3 in a pack.  Depending on how many are in the group.  All have walkie-talkies.

Many times they told the family "strange" stories about finding "experienced" lone hunters who are lost & almost alway disoriented who got separated from their group, family or friends.  The lone hunters were miles away from their group & had no idea how they got to where they were found.  It was like they "woke up" at the same time my relatives found them.

EDIT:  My brother informed me they all now have some type of GPS devices on them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif