Honored Contributor

My sister who watches it, I don't ,wanted to know (she has no pc) if the show that ended with all the India servants being killed and somebody stealing baby August is that the final episode ?

Has it now ended? Season has ended ?

any one watch this PBS series ?

Respected Contributor

From what I understand, it was just the 6 episodes and was not renewed. Quite the cliff-hanger.

Super Contributor

I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed this show, although I missed the first 3 episodes, and PBS doesnt seem interested in repeating them like they do with most of their shows.  Had known they were going to abandon it with this cliffhanger, I probably would not have bothered with it all.

Honored Contributor

oh, no!

animated-smileys-angry-043.gif

Respected Contributor

I watched it but I knew it would end with a cliff hanger and was not to be renewed.  

I wanted to like it but something was off for me.  There was no chemistry between the actors and I felt the English women in the series were miscast.  I can understand why they did not do a second series.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed this show, although I missed the first 3 episodes, and PBS doesnt seem interested in repeating them like they do with most of their shows.  Had known they were going to abandon it with this cliffhanger, I probably would not have bothered with it all.

@claros  I don't know if they'll repeat the whole series soon, now that it's done, but while it was still winding its way through to that inconclusive conclusion... PBS in my area was rerunning episodes at other times. If I missed an episode I could program the DVR to catch it at another time. Might be worth checking, too, as they did repeat some of the other whole series shown this year that ostensibly bombed and are not coming back.

@SharkE  By all accounts, unless some other production company picks it up and produces another season, it's done... Had they simply ended the last episode five or so minutes sooner, all would have been well. Once they realized the show wasn't getting another season, they probably should have edited out that cliffhanger.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Sis ain't gonna like it. LOL

Super Contributor

@stevieb 

I did a search, and PBS must want to forget about it, because I could only find the final episode. Previous episodes 1 - 5 had to be bought.  😒

Honored Contributor

@claros  Oh, that's no fun! I suspect they'll rerun it sooner or later. If it helps to know, the last three episodes had a different (and, to me, better...) writer. The first three episodes tended to drag, I thought.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...