Trusted Contributor

Beecham House officially started last night on PBS Masterpiece.  It's really good and so very scenic; just beautiful to look at.  If you don't have a Passport membership, thought I'd point this out.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

I was all set to watch this series until I read that it ends with a cliff hanger and was not renewed for a second series.   I just hate to get into a show that I like and have it end that way.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I was all set to watch this series until I read that it ends with a cliff hanger and was not renewed for a second series.   I just hate to get into a show that I like and have it end that way.

It isn't that of a cliffhanger so much as a new plot twist is thrown in at the end of the last episode. The thread of that action is not yet continued in a second season, but the series as is is quite satisfying.

All of the loose ends and viewer curiosity is answered and resolved in just these 6 episodes and it is a very entertaining  series. There is also a chance that, based on its reception in the USA, another production company may take over to offer a second season. Worth watching in hope of that. To me, anyway. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/beecham-house-viewers-are-already-outraged-over-ending-of-n...

I very much enjoyed the first episode and I'm willing to be entertained by the story and the lush cinematography without concern for the investment in my time. Lots of very enjoyable and quality tv viewing comes to end without a neat bow to tie it all up, even after several seasons. I don't have to give up before the fun begins, even knowing the fun may end with wishing for more. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Ooooh, I am loving it.  Very sad that it's not renewed.  Beecham is eye candy!  I'm looking forward to seeing his wife when she arrives. The French official is handsome too!

I love this storyline, very unique.  It immediately drew me in during the first few minutes.

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal 

Based on your post, I may just give it a try.  Thanks.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor
We watched it earlier this spring. It’s good. It does end with a cliff hanger but lots of other storylines are wrapped up. Give it a try!!! We also just The Indian Doctor via Amazon. 3 seasons....good show.
Honored Contributor

I loved the first episode and will continue to watch.  Excellent acting, settings, story line, typical of a Masterpiece offering!  I have watched Masterpiece Theater since the seventies and while some series aren't as great as others, I do not miss my favorite show.  I am always focused!

Honored Contributor

I liked it too

different 

Honored Contributor

I tried watching but the acting was uninspired and the actor playing Beechham, Bateman? Is so unattractive, tiny eyes and thin lips, he should be cast as a villain.

Respected Contributor

Watched the 1st episode & enjoyed the production & scenery. 

Although, it takes place during a different time period in Indian history, it makes me want to reread The Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye.  Talk about a book to get lost in.......