Respected Contributor

Great concert from 1997 MGM Grand in Las Vegas....such great voices and great memories! PBS 7-8:30 CT

Respected Contributor

I thought my hubby was watching America's Got Talent.

I was in the kitchen and heard the Bee Gee song "I've Gotta Get A Message to You" and said wow they sound just like the Bee Gees.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BeeGees 8-22-23

[ Edited ]

🎤🎶🎼 : FYI ... For all of you hard core BeeGees fans out there, YouTube has a great selection of BeeGees concerts for your viewing pleasure.

Also featuring clips and videos by Andy Gibb. 

Honored Contributor

The Bee Gees have given us decades of great music.  Awhile ago I watched a documentary on I believe HBO about the Bee Gees.  It was excellent but of course had its sad moments.  I remember when Barry Gibb was asked about his success when the documentary was about over.  He responded with he would give it all up to have his brothers back.  I was all choked up.

Frequent Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

The Bee Gees have given us decades of great music.  Awhile ago I watched a documentary on I believe HBO about the Bee Gees.  It was excellent but of course had its sad moments.  I remember when Barry Gibb was asked about his success when the documentary was about over.  He responded with he would give it all up to have his brothers back.  I was all choked up.

I saw that documentary as well @spiderw. It made me sad too. Didn't realize how talented they really were & how many years long their career spanned. They wrote songs for other major artists too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE love love The Bee Gees! I'm crazy about their music! I think they're better than the Beatles, Stones, or anyone else since then. I absolutely love to watch them perform on YT or anywhere else. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: BeeGees 8-22-23

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

🎭 I have watched the BeeGees concerts many, many times, and I always feel that sadness afterwards. Their music takes me back to what life used to be, and it also reminds me of people I have loved and lost. The passing of times softens the pain of loss, but it never really heals.

Honored Contributor

I have seen this many times, Olivia Newton John is in the audience. But not all PBS stations follow the same sechedule, it most likely is not airing everywhere. 

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of PBS but I check from time to time to see what concerts they will show during their fundraiser shows....has been amazing who I have seen....great memories come to life, even if only for a few minutes.....beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Barry Gibb is one of this years Kennedy Center honorees. So well deserved! Can't wait!