Honored Contributor

Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson

DD and her friends saw this tonight. In spite of all of the controversy, she said it was terrific. She said it followed the movie, with a few exceptions. But she also said there was some violence - she wouldn't take a young child to see it. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson

I am glad to hear a review. My grandchild is 7 (almost 8). There are parts in the advertisement for this movie that looked a bit intense or scary.

I wonder if 7 is too young? In movie format, not animated, it seemed more intense than what I remembered from the animated version.

Honored Contributor

I'm going Saturday at noon with my sister and two friends to see it. I can't wait!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

My daughter saw this movie tonight and said it was amazing. (She is an adult)

Honored Contributor

If you are interested in the story of The Beauty and the Beast....you will be transformed by my all time favorite film  La Belle et La Bete by Jean Couteau.  This film is magical.  I first saw it when I was in my 20s and I'm still captivated by the surreal opulence and tragic tenderness (tears turning into diamonds).  Couteau's genius is timeless.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to see this movie.  Love the story and Emma Watson. 

Honored Contributor

It got an excellent review in our local paper today.  I wasn't going to see it, but decided to after I read the review.  @gidgetgh  Can I come along?

Honored Contributor

I would like to see it, but I am no fan of Emma. I never thought she was much of an actress in her HP days.

Honored Contributor

What controversy?  From what I've seen of it, it isn't a intended for very young children.  I don't think I would take a 7 year old to see it.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it tonight and really liked it.  But, maybe it's because I watch a lot of the old musicals or go to professional theater, but it seems like you don't have to have a strong voice to be in movie musicals anymore.  I didn't think Emma Watson or the person playing the beast were particularly strong singers.

I think it's hard to add new songs to a soundtrack that is so well known.  I heard that a person doesn't tend to like a song the first time it's heard (that's why orchestras do overtures of the music that you are about to hear in a musical).  So, adding songs that you've never heard between beloved Disney classics...I didn't find anything memorable about them.

Is it wrong that I really liked Gaston??  He was very handsome.  I think the actor did a good job with him. 

Finaly, I really wish I had never heard of the so called "controversy".  It made me analyze everything that character did.