Respected Contributor

Re: Battle of the Network Stars

@wildcat fan wrote:

@SWEET I agree about having the "classic" stars come back.  I said the same thing when my husband was telling me about this reboot.  I said I probably wouldn't even know who most of those stars are!  That happens to me sometimes with Dancing with the Stars.  😊

I guessed Kelly O. is on team Variety because she's done a variety of programs?  I wondered about that too!  Besides the E! fashion shows, she's been on talk shows and a reality show with her family.

I was trying to figure out why Ted McGinley is listed as a TV Dad.  I remember him from Happy Days and The Love Boat.  I don't recall any roles where he was a dad.  I'm sure it will come to me, or maybe somebody here can remind me.

True re Kelly.  She was also a judge on PR All Stars.  She's popular w/some people I guess.  Didn't notice re Ted McGinley as TV dad.  I know he was on Love Boat & Married With Children. 

Esteemed Contributor

I did watch BotNS years ago but don't remember a lot about it nor who all competed in it.  I am glad their going with actors/actresses from years ago as I watch little to none of the three major (and smaller) networks today.  I probably wouldn't know anybody.  I mostly watch Cooking shows & some reality tv now.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I've got to admit, I got a little tingly when I saw the promos for this!  I remember Jamie Farr very well when he competed.  I will definitely watch.

Respected Contributor

I watched the original show. I'm not wasting my time with this new version.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was the new one shown yet?  I was ff through The Gong Show (it was awful and couldn't watch it) and I thought it said coming up -- The Battle of The Network Stars.  I thought it was next wk.  I should have rewound it to see. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Was the new one shown yet?  I was ff through The Gong Show (it was awful and couldn't watch it) and I thought it said coming up -- The Battle of The Network Stars.  I thought it was next wk.  I should have rewound it to see. 

I don't think it's aired yet @SWEET. As far as I know, the first one will air this Thursday at 9:00 p.m. EST.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I don't think it's aired yet @SWEET. As far as I know, the first one will air this Thursday at 9:00 p.m. EST.

I guess it was just the preview.

Honored Contributor

starting tonight at 9pm et!

i remember fondly the original battle of the network stars! i even catch it sometimes on the channel ESPN CLASSIC.....it is pretty funny to watch. i like how they are mixing older and newer stars.

it should be fun. i need something fun and lighthearted to watch sometimes.....nothing serious at all but some friendly competition.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge nostalgia fan so this is right up my alley.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok i am watching this thing.  The original had current real stars!  This version has used to be stars as far as I can see.    Dont see how it can be battle of the network stars when none of them are on the networks,  I did not go thru the extensive list, just going frim the introductions.  And again ABC picks dirt cheap production.  

As it goes, wait two current stars---luke from modern family and the girlfriend on the goldbergs.  Wow.  

What no network teams?  This is really stupid.