Respected Contributor

Is anybody else watching this on the National Geographic channel? It a story about the early colonization of French Canada. It stars David Thewlis and Mary Hardin. I like it quite a bit. It is 8 episodes with a possibility of another season.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I watched and enjoyed the whole thing. The acting was excellent and seemed the actors were really into their roles. I hope they do continue with this story. I

Respected Contributor

I watched it but thought it was too dark visually and too much killing.  I liked the actors and their roles.

I read the book a few years ago and dont remember much of what was shown on tv.  If you like a good long book, read this one.  

Valued Contributor

i'm watcing and ejoying it.  interesting stroy lines.  Can't quite figjure everything that is going on, but i'm hooked and interested to find out what happens to these peoplel

Honored Contributor

I could swear I posted about this series-maybe there is another thread.

Anyway, I don't know if there will be a Season 2.  The ending really left a lot up in the air.

I like David Thewlis and Zahn McClaron.

I wasn't surprised about David Thewlis's character in the end; and Hamish will survive, is my guess.  Love the hat. 

The storyline covers a few centuries so if NatGeo does it right, the series should last a long time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed this show too. I'll have to read the book if there's no season 2.

Kind of left a few things hanging for only 1 season.

Valued Contributor

Not really understanding the Delphine scar thing - a lot of women have scars.  Why would her future husband reject her?  

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Not really understanding the Delphine scar thing - a lot of women have scars.  Why would her future husband reject her?  

@Houstonoilers   The woodcutter who tried to rape her back home didn't succeed; he cut her to let everyone know he was there anyway.  He cut her near her womb.

From what she said he cut a mark that identified his work; so it was as though she was branded by him.

I would assume the husband thought she was branded and no longer a virgin or at least "spoiled" somehow.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Were the group of nuns killed by the Iroquois or not? I saw a group later in the show but it was from a distance and could not see who they were. I think the next to last episode had the nuns retrieving the dead and the Iroquois were coming up behind them.

Frequent Contributor

I was wondering that too. Wasn't one of the indians sneaking up behind her? Then they never went back to it.