Esteemed Contributor

Two guys flip really, really bad houses in Detroit. They just bought one for $1000 (yup $1K)  925 square foot.   

They are sold fully furnished.

I'm watching for the first time.

Interesting.

Contributor

I am also watching. I think it's great! Reasonable homes,nice designs.

Respected Contributor

I have watched this show a few times.  Very inspiring, and demonstrates that you can do a lot to rehab a house with grit, know-how and just a small budget.

It is fun to see the men's creativity and the before and after homes.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have watched the show several times.  I think it's great what they are doing...some of the design is over the top  and not to our liking but every one has their own taste.

Respected Contributor

As a native Detroiter, I find this show to be so uplifiting!  Yes, we all know you can buy a home in Detroit right now for $1k, but not all of them are like that.  I am so happy when the guys are outside working and people drive by honking and thanking them for what they are doing.

If we all did something like this in every major city, it would help so much!

Keep up the great work, fellas, bring my city back to life!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Total win win! I am a Michigander....good job guys!

Esteemed Contributor

I have just recently started watching this show via On Demand. Although, the decorating style is not my cup of tea. I love what these two guys are doing in this community, and the finished product is a huge improvement on what they start with.

Esteemed Contributor
HGTV has another rehab show that takes place in Detroit- Rehab Addict. Anyways, I just read yesterday that the host won a lawsuit against the City of Detroit Land Bank (?) - sounds like they were trying to take a home away from her that she purchased fairly and sell it for more $$. I don’t know all of the details, but she made it seem like they are known for doing this. Made me think of this show - the guys did begin buying for little money, but as they start building up, the other houses I assume are now worth more. Seemed like an area ripe for this land bank to swoop in again in the guise that they are doing what’s right for the community. The Rehab Addict host said that she continued fighting because she was financially able to and hopefully help others who weren’t so fortunate. (I’m sure I’m missing some detail, but you can Google rehab addict Detroit lawsuit)
Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I have just recently started watching this show via On Demand. Although, the decorating style is not my cup of tea. I love what these two guys are doing in this community, and the finished product is a huge improvement on what they start with.

I agree that I am not really crazy about their decorating style,  but I love that they are trying to clean up and revitalize the area.

Respected Contributor

I love this show.....very creative.  One of the men has a PhD in physics...but doing what he loves.  No pretense here with them living in the houses they are renovating.