Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barbara Walter's Most Fascinating Person............

On 12/15/2014 SmallTownChic222 said:

Disgusting! If you look at previous winners (Bill and Hilary Clinton, Steve Jobs, Prince William) they actually ACCOMPLISHED something!

Prince William? Really? Seems to me that he's famous because of who he is---not because of what he's accomplished. He's certainly a nice enough famous person, but his fame came with birth---which he really didn't have too much to do with...... Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

I admit that I try to keep up with celebrities and such. I'm not crazy about it by any means, but I like to know what's going on in the superficial world of Hollywood. But, I can honestly say that I never thought about her at all this year. Probably only cared about what she wore to her wedding. Whatever.
Honored Contributor

Amal for that choice.

Honored Contributor

Well, I get all of the rag magazines (as well as the legitimate ones) and I can tell you that just because we haven't heard much about here here in other parts of the world (especially in business) she's a rock star.

I'd never heard of her either. I would be surprised if that wedding lasted (unfortunately). I think she sounds like a strong independent woman who may or may not have liked all of the sudden crazyness involving marrying him. I get the idea she didn't expect it to be 'quite' the mad house it was.

Anyway, to be fair, I didn't watch the show. There were other things I wanted to watch and I'm still catching up from when my daughter was here from Colorado. All she wants to do is watch movies (and they are movies from long past) not old ones just old ones from her generation.

So are you saying she picked this woman as #1 most facinating? Hummmmm??? I don't think I agree with that. Just my opinion. I don't know who I'd pick. Someone who wasn't so famous but had accomplished something amazing, yet most of us knew little about.

I have never cared for George Clooney. I'm more interested in Brad Pitt (mainly like to look at him). He does a lot of charity work (probably more than George Clooney does). He's really into helping the people of New Orleans have safe affordable places to live, things like that.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. She is an attractive (I don't think beautiful) woman. I watched her progression (dressing and makeup) from the time the press first discovered her until she married George. It was amazing to watch the changes.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't find her fascinating, but then again, I'm not one who wants to keep up with Clooney's personal life, either.

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 SmallTownChic222 said:

Disgusting! If you look at previous winners (Bill and Hilary Clinton, Steve Jobs, Prince William) they actually ACCOMPLISHED something!

What has Prince William accomplished? He's just an accident of birth, but he hasn't done much but spend time in the military.

Amal is a very accomplished attorney ...... and intellectual heavyweight. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I actually predicted it to my sister ..... they gave a hint last week that it was someone you'd never guess, so I figured she was as good a guess as any. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Your sister is probably more interesting. Seems so outdated to pick someone just because of whom they married.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of them have been on before. Never heard of the men.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/15/2014 10sluvr said:

her list is stupid and she should really retire, as in, stop with these lists

I agree...and frankly, who cares??? I find her way past her prime and irrelevant in the whole scheme of current issues. One person's most fascinating person is another's least enthralling person!!

Super Contributor

On 12/18/2014 corita said:
On 12/15/2014 10sluvr said:

her list is stupid and she should really retire, as in, stop with these lists

I agree...and frankly, who cares??? I find her way past her prime and irrelevant in the whole scheme of current issues. One person's most fascinating person is another's least enthralling person!!

ITA!

Give it up and retire for good!