Honored Contributor

Re: Barbara Stanwyck and Linda Evans......

[ Edited ]

I like both women.  Barbara was a woman before her time.  Always had 2 feet on the ground and didn't take any guff from anyone.  Linda Evans was a pretty woman.  I loved when she played in Dynasty with Joan Collins.  That was a great show during that time period.  I sometimes watch the Big Valley.  We really had some great programs during that time and when I was growing up.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72  Ooh, Stella Dallas -- tearjerker alert! But that is what it's like to have a daughter.

@  I love Roy Rogers & Dale Evans! They were such wonderful people.

Super Contributor

@Highlands72wrote:

@cimeranrosewrote:
. . .

Barbara Stanwyck is one of my top 3 favorite actresses. Growing up I only knew her from The Big Valley, then, because of TCM I have been able to enjoy her movies from the 30's, 40's and 50's - great actress. She could do comedy and drama equally well.

. . .

----

Barbara Stanwyck is also one of my all-time favorites. She was so good in everything, from the 1930s classic films to the 1980s. I recently watched "Stella Dallas" from the mid-30s; a couple of days later, I watched a dvd of "The Thorn Birds."

She really was one of the best of all time.

Agree with you both, I am a big Barbara Stanwyck fan.

If she's in it, I'm watching!

Respected Contributor

@wufan: thank you for the reminder of how good Big Valley is to watch. Class acts!
Honored Contributor

I grew up on Big Valley and never missed an episode.  When Dynasty started I was so excited about seeing Linda Evans again.  When it was over I looked at my still boyfriend but soon to be husband and asked "where was Linda?"  I was shocked when he said she was Crystal.  I was expecting the long haired still young blond beauty.   The next week's episode of Dynasty I could definitely tell it was her.  Just had to put the past behind me.

Image result

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom  You’re Welcome! I love it and westerns are my love! I don’t watch reality tv. I just can’t. 😊

Trusted Contributor

I too love all the old Westerns.  There was only one Matt Dillon !!!!