Honored Contributor

OK, first of all I went back and couldn't find the post on it (maybe I overlooked) so I'm starting a new one.

I just finished watching it. I absolutely love this show. It makes Sons of Anarchy look like Snow White (well sort of).

Who else here loves Banshee? With Banshee you have to hang in there because you think the show has ended but then they add onto the end (a bonus).

For those new to the show I suggest you go back and watch the beginning and then get on the computer and watch all (there is a lot of it) of the back stories. They explain a lot of things that are left out of the TV shows.

Valued Contributor
So happy its back. I dvr'd it but saving for late night dessertSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

bally please check back and tell us what you think after you've watched it. I really want to hear.

Valued Contributor
Hi Annabelle, sorry I took so long to reply. The first episode was everything Bsnshee is supposed to be from the beginning scenes to the end. I've never watched SOA so I'm not sure about the comparison but as I told DH its the most violent show I watch which is hard to do most if the time.
Honored Contributor

But do you like it? It's so gritty (is that how you spell that?). I can't say I 'enjoy' it. I think to say I like it is best.

I look forward to seeing it. I don't feel like the violence is gratituous. I think it's meat to show people in this small town struggling.

There's the normal side of the town (and life) and then this underbelly, I guess.

Wow! That's deep (for me, anyway).{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor
Afraid I'm not good at deep which is one of the reasons I enjoy the TV forums for other peoples views. I did like it !! The first episode had all the elements I enjoy in the series. Plus he's pretty hot Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

bally, I'm not into deep either. I'm just not good at shows where there's a subliminal meaning. I think that's why I stay in a state of confusion when it comes to "Person of Interest".

You're right. He's good looking in a gruff sort of way. I googled him. He's from New Zealand. In the interview he talks about the brutal fight scenes and during the first season just a few of the bumps, bruises and stitches he's had to have from this show.

Anyone who watches it cannot be squimish. Right?

I like the idea that you like it. Sometimes I think I'm strange because I'm a 68 year old Grandma of 8 who loves shows like this......is that weird?

Valued Contributor
Annabell 66 yo grand mother of 4 here. Smiley Happy I'm not used to the new schedule and just saw its on tonight.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I forget too. I was looking on my DVR and saw where I'm taping it. I can't keep track of all of these shows.

Thank goodness for DVR because sometimes I go waaayyyy down to maybe 2:00AM and tape a show because I can only DVR two shows at a time. I'm going to change probably to Verizon (I think) so I don't want to make changes right now.

It drives me crazy trying to keep track of what I want to watch.

bally, in 'real life' we'd probably be buddies. We'd talk about Banshee...

One thing I like about this show (I know this sounds dumb) but the women here haven't had im^plants. They're so thin sometimes it's almost like trying to figure out who's who (if you know what I mean).

But it's nice that they stayed natural. I'm so tired of seeing(!) females who look like grapefruits. Real women don't look that way.

I know, it's stupid, but it makes the show more realistic.

Valued Contributor
I was watching an interview with the star of girlfriends guide to divorce TV show and they were discussing her getting older naturally. A nice thing about British actors, more like normal people. We could talk TV all day Smiley Happy.