Honored Contributor

Banshee - Possible Spoilers!!

Don't read this unless you want to know anything about Banshee.

I'm soooo sad.  I just watched the last show of the last years, the end of Banshee.

There has never been a show like it.  It's truthful, bloody, raw, I just love this show.

Anyway, anyone else who watched Banshee want to come here and cry along with me......I'm here and I feel your pain!

PS I loved the way it ended though!

Contributor

Re: Banshee - Possible Spoilers!!

Best show on TV! Sad too that it's over😥 Small consolation, but the actor who plays Lucas Hood (Antony Starr) is going to be on a new show starting in June called "American Gothic" on NBC and "Proctor" is now on Blacklist.

Can't wait to see where Job ends up!!

Honored Contributor

@Rugermama Did you know Job is a Harvard graduate?;  Have you ever gone on the website and watched the "Backstory" videos?  They are amazing.  Haven't watched them this year.  Need to look them up!  It helps explain things the TV show doesn't have time to tell us about.  Look it up!

Can you imagine what a person who hates any kind of violence, etc would think of this show?  It's just a real show.  Right?

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness Banchee is over!! Yay! This show was just one bloody fight to another bloody fight. No storyline at all. I'm all for any type of violence, doesn't bother me, but this show it was comical how they actually went to fighting and fighting without taking a break. Ridiculous. My dh liked it is the only reason I watched. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

You are so right...it's just a tv program. Not for everyone, but what is? Different strokes for different folks!!

Anyway, I am going to check it out online. I'll need my Banshee fix. 

"Sons on Anarchy" fan by any chance?

Honored Contributor

@Rugermama It is very 'gritty' and 'bloody' and all of that stuff, but there is a very obvious line between good and bad and just plain evil.  I liked that about it.  

If you've seen any of the shows then you have an idea of what it's like.  Often at the end of the episode you see the actors laughing and talking about their parts.  It takes away some of the sting of the show.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's squimish but if you like Sons of Anarchy (which I did love) then I think you'll like this show.  There's someone on here who said Banshee is filmed in her hometown.  She'd see them shooting there.

There is another show I'd like for you to look up if you like those shows.  I'll get the information for you if you want it.  I REALLY liked this other show and I think you might too.  It has ended but lasted a few years.

Let me know if you might be interested.  I have to get the website so you can see if you like it.  It's nice to meet a like-minded TV watcher.  (Hummm??? Do you think we are weird)?

Honored Contributor

@Rugermama Go to this website if you want to see "Strike Back".  I think you can watch it on your computer for free.

http://www.cinemax.com/strike-back/

Respected Contributor

Hi @Annabellethecat66

We conversed a few weeks back about Banshee.  I live very near Vandergrift, PA where many episodes of the final year or so was filmed.  I fact one of our friends was an extra.

DH & I didn't start watching until the last few episodes, At first I was kind of overwhelmed that one little area could contain that whole gamet of crime.

But then we got hooked.  Since we didn't want to watch the final episode without having some background we went back and watched the first couple of episodes.  The final episode was done so well and admittedly, I was sorry to see it end.

Now I have started at the beginning and am watching all the previous seasons.  

Did you happen to watch True Detectives (season one) with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson?  If not, I believe that is something you would really enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny No I didn't watch that show.  I've never cared much for Woody or Matthew, I guess that's why.  I might look it up sometime.  Thanks for the recommendation.   The fact that you and your husband liked Banshee tells me I might like your recommendation.  

I recommended that people look up Strick Back.  It is excellent.  It's fast moving but really good.  

Also the BBC show Luther is wonderful, if you haven't seen that.  I very much recommend that one.  I think you'd both like it a lot.  It has the kind of truthfulness Banshee has.  When you finish watching an episode of Luther you'll be like, "Wow"!  If you watch it, come back and let me know what you think of it, as it's become one of my favorite shows (along with Banshee).

Did you and your husband go back on line and watch all of the "Backstories"?  They were filmed just like a regular episode.  They explain some of the things the TV should couldn't get around to telling us about.

Go here: https://www.comixology.com/Banshee-Origins/digital-comic/35597

Honored Contributor

I just saw my son-in-law this afternoon.  He 'fixed' my electronic stuff.

Anyway, I've been after him to hurry up and get on the final chapter of Banshee so we can talk about it.

He has 4 busy children and doesn't have much TV time.  In fact my grandchildren (ages 13, 12, 10, 4) doesn't watch much TV (computers).  

Anyway, the last thing he said to me when I was leaving was, "I really like Job.  I hope he's not dead and is back".  I just smiled.  Hee!  Hee!