Honored Contributor

Well I watched the 5th and final season of Ballers last night.  Of course it was wonderful and way too short.

Lots of the Rock (which we all love).  He was very reflective last night and we got some insight about why he's like he is and what sorta makes him tick.

I've read that he's said he is Spencer (the lead character) and Spencer is the Rock (wow!  That's reflective)...Ha!

Anyway, it's a great show.  One of my favorite characters is John David Washington (yes, that's Denzel's grown son), I don't think he looks like Denzel but he's a great actor.

The show gives a little insight into SOME (key word) of what goes on behind the scenes of these major league (and minor league) football franchises.

It's only 30 minutes of your time and you'll find yourself wishing it was longer.

The music is amazing and the beginning music makes you wanna get up and dance (it was 1:00AM and I was makin' some moves....can I just say....this old Grandma can still get it on)....

I'm obsessed with the song played at the end.  I'm going to add it to my playlist.

Even if you aren't into football you'll like this show.  You get to see the Rock wheeling and dealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ballers - Possible Spoilers

I have to catch up but I truly enjoyed the series and learned alot about what goes on behind the scenes in football .......I will miss it a lot.  Of course I will also miss the Rock and John David Washington who I think looks a lot like his mama both are great actors and fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

I watched the series finale last night, I thought it was a good ending.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed Ballers and have seen every episode.  John David Washington looks like his mother, but in his voice I hear Denzel.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I also enjoyed Ballers and have seen every episode.  John David Washington looks like his mother, but in his voice I hear Denzel.

Another fan here of Ballers.  Never missed an episode or season.  Sorry to see this show ending.  It was "canceled."  No reason given at least not to the public.

Anybody notice how "The Rock" pumped up in the 5 seasons this show was on HBO? Smiley Surprised  If I didn't know any better, I swear he was taking steroids.  I read in the newspaper that he is going back to wrestling. Smiley Mad

I agree that John Washington looks exactly like Paulette (mama) yet sounds exactly like his daddy Denzel.

There is talk of a pre-sequal to Training Day.  The story line is suppose to be 10 yrs before TD storyline.  No one has been signed to any parts yet.  I hope John gets to play Alonzo (KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON ME!) Harris.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I think the show did well on HBO, but they felt they had exhausted the story line. Also I heard that The Rock had too many commitments to continue.  He makes more money from movies.