Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baldwins Welcome 7th child.....

@blueroses47   Some, not all, people on social media live to project the image of perfection.  My perfect body, house, husband, children, job. Look at me.

I've said before, I have 2 words Shanann Watts and social media of her perfect life. Right up to the point where hubby killed her (and his daughters) and put her in a shallow grave.

I would bet the ones with the most perfect social media life aren't trying to convience others of their great life, they are trying to convience themselves.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I arrived at the hospital with a full face of makeup and was never told to take it off!!  

Good grief.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, please people. Get over it.   She did what ALL celebrities, Royalty and regular women do when they post those pictures....which are long after the actual delivery.....they clean up, washed up and do a full face make up and hair job because pictures like this are intended for Social media.  

@chrystaltree   @Mimi NY 

ITA .....   Childbirth can be very gruelling (duh!) but even regular women want to look their best under the circumstances. 

There is nothing or noble about looking like something the cat dragged in, and these are the family pictures that never go away.       

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Good grorf, who cares???

@ellaphant   LOL  I googled "grorf" in case it was a new word but I guess your auto correct meant "grief".

Although I do like grorf.  *makes a note*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I've never given birth, but something tells me I would NOT have been that beautifully made-up.

She looks beautiful, and right down to the perfectly manicured nails. @SurferWife 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   There is a middle ground between "something the cat dragged in" and ready for a photo shoot.

Comb your hair, a swipe of blush and lipstick.

You just pushed out a human being, no one expects red carpet ready.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I've never given birth, but something tells me I would NOT have been that beautifully made-up.

She looks beautiful, and right down to the perfectly manicured nails. @SurferWife 

@manny2 

Yes, she does, but as I stated in my original post, I would not have been that beautiful.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@lgfan wrote:
Trinity11 was it a natural birth.

Yes and it was a month before my due date @lgfan .🤭😳 Of course they should have done a C section.

I have Type 1 diabetes and both of my children were above 10 pounds. Back then, diabetic care for pregnant women was fairly abysmal. 🥺

Whoa @Trinity11 , 

My baby was 10 pounds -3oz, and I was in labor for 26 LONG * hard hours with 10 minute contractions. 

•••••>  Long story: my physician was suddenly taken to the hospital and no ONE in charge knew. The nurse put me in a private room without ANYONE to take charge.

I never reached 1 cm. 

Needless to go on & on about this, Was__ Almost  THE largest Law Suit ever, but the hospital had no idea what was happening but One older nurse that TOLD the staff to keep me sedated and wait. 

I was declared dead for One minute while a surgeon was hurriedly brought in from a Christmas party. 

Was he ever LIVID, and everyone`` feared`` for their job.

The caesarian took over One hour due to kidney, a huge abdominal tear and my entire spine being totally twisted. 

My mother came and all of God's creations came to

a halt. My body frame was so tiny weighing 100 lbs and almost bled out totally.

I had to have blood transfusions WITH IVs going for Two Weeks.  What a huge story in the papers!

Yes, you deserve a huge medal. Good  GRIEF...holy grief.

Just ...........oh my dear Lord.  

Hello Jesus.

____________ w h o aaaaaa_________FOR @Trinity11 

Esteemed Contributor

This is only my opinion but there's something a little bizarre going on. Hilariia turned out to be Hillary from Long Island. The accent was a put-on. So many children, so fast, an elderly father who may have problems of his own. There's a photo of H with all the children. It reminded me of Octomom, for those who remember.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian  I had no idea who this woman was until she became a pez dispenser for tiny humans.

I had to Google her.  I gues she was born Hillary Thomas.  Neither Mom or Dad was Spanish. Her Dad was a lawyer with some underdegree in Spanish literature. She said she grew up in a Spanish speaking household and they went to Spain once a year.

Now, if you love the Spanish culture that's great, not a problem. Pretending you are Spanish is weird.

If both my parents are doctors and I grew up with medical jargon everyday that doesn't mean I can pass myself off as a medical professional.

I think she has some very real issues.