Esteemed Contributor
On 12/14/2014 kimthib said:
On 12/14/2014 ccassaday said: She was the same kid that got kicked out of school. I think the whole show is stupid.

Then don't WATCH it!

Respected Contributor

I thought she had a new job working for a fashion designer or stylist.

Then about the drinking I thought they decided to get tattoos because they had been drinking. although she ended up not getting hers.

Honored Contributor

I guess it's a double edge sword (having young people on a TV show). They grow up so you either have to write real grown-up problems (funny and/or otherwise) into the show or send them off to La La Land.

The same thing is happening on the TV show "The Middle". The older boy went off to college, they kept him in college but he's near, so he can still be funny.

I used to watch the show but I found it to be repetitive. It can be funny and stands on its own.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/14/2014 lovescats said:

I thought she had a new job working for a fashion designer or stylist.

Then about the drinking I thought they decided to get tattoos because they had been drinking. although she ended up not getting hers.

I definitely believed there was some liquid courage involved in the decision. Slurred words all around.
Respected Contributor

I have tried to like this show but cannot relate in any way to any of the characters. I cannot even find them likeable. I watch it occasionally if I have nothing else to watch. I only watched a few minutes of this past episode and thought the bar thing with your mother was not believable.

Esteemed Contributor
Because we were talking about it here, I went to their Facebook page to read what people were saying (yes, I really do need to get out more!!) A few people said that Claire took the keys from Hayley and she only sat in the car. I frankly don't remember this at all and deleted the episode from my DVR. So, maybe we were all incorrect and she wasn't driving.
Super Contributor

Oh, such much to say here. First of all, ccassaday, you're right. She was kicked out of school and she really hadn't been doing much so, Shelbelle and KYToby, that is why I made the comment on buying her a new car. It's fine that you don't believe in used cars and they can afford a new car. THAT IS BESIDE THE POINT! And are we not told that EVEN ONE DRINK will affect your drinking ,etc. So that is also beside the point. She was drinking. And to all that say, stop watching the show. I like the show but, once in a while, there is something that you don't like on a show and you want to point it out. To those who say stop watching it, geez, don't you ever have a problem with anything you ever watch on tv?

Super Contributor

I meant affect your driving. And,alter ego, she did drive away in the car. And, KYToby, of course all of the adults were drinking but the daughter was the one ,at the end of the show, who got into the car, etc. I am just making a point that was pretty much out there to see. Dad and Grandpa, by the way, hadn't been sitting in the bar for too long. I was just making a comment on what I saw on the show. A SIMPLE COMMENT!

Honored Contributor

I have never watched this show. The few times I landed on it while switching channels, there were always a hundred people in the room and way too much going on.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/15/2014 Jackielee said:

I meant affect your driving. And,alter ego, she did drive away in the car. And, KYToby, of course all of the adults were drinking but the daughter was the one ,at the end of the show, who got into the car, etc. I am just making a point that was pretty much out there to see. Dad and Grandpa, by the way, hadn't been sitting in the bar for too long. I was just making a comment on what I saw on the show. A SIMPLE COMMENT!

Thank you for correcting me - frankly, I thought I was kind of looking out for that so was surprised that so many people said the keys were taken away. Can't imagine why they would do it, but wonder if east coast/west coast saw something different. Frankly, I'm sure those people were probably just seeing what they wanted to see. I'm happy you commented on the episode as it was something I noted as well (after all, this is a forum for television discussion). Doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the show.