Honored Contributor

This movie is on tonight on HBO at 8:00, it stars Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney. It is a fact based morality tale, two bad apples in an esteemed Long Island school district embezzled the system for private gain in the largest school theft in American history. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Education

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This movie is on tonight on HBO at 8:00, it stars Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney. It is a fact based morality tale, two bad apples in an esteemed Long Island school district embezzled the system for private gain in the largest school theft in American history. 

I am an Allison Janney fanSmiley Happy  She has been in so many things and she is good in everything.  Her show Mom is really good, she is extremely funny in it.

Honored Contributor
I saw that on my HBO schedule - I've never heard of it!
Honored Contributor

I don't quite understand the differences in types of movies, and I'm not sure whether this was originally a "made for TV" or made for general release/funding by HBO or what, but DH and I were teeth brushed and ready at 7:59 and didn't miss a second.

Although I know Hugh Jackman has a fabulous track record, I don't think I've ever watched anything of his, but I thought his performance was amazing, and since I've never ever seen Janney in a miss, the whole thing was a slam dunk for me, AND how about the SUPPORTING CAST? 

HS newspaper reporter, an absolute natural.

Ray Romano, IMNHO, is a multifaceted, under appreciated gem in this movie, panicky, flustered, covering his own -----. 

The actress who played the helicoptering mom? Perfection.

The dancer? Meticulously drawn. 

Janney's niece? Not overplayed, not underplayed, shot the arrow right down the middle.

Musical score, sets, literary references........costuming?

If you ever went to school, or had a kid who went to school, or knew somebody who went to school, give this a look. 

Valued Contributor

I watched it last night and it is REALLY good!!! It was on People Magazine's list of things to watch this week. (Thinking it might not be a long shot to see Hugh Jackman and/or Allison Janney's names mentioned at awards season.) 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@violann wrote:

I don't quite understand the differences in types of movies, and I'm not sure whether this was originally a "made for TV" or made for general release/funding by HBO or what, but DH and I were teeth brushed and ready at 7:59 and didn't miss a second.

Although I know Hugh Jackman has a fabulous track record, I don't think I've ever watched anything of his, but I thought his performance was amazing, and since I've never ever seen Janney in a miss, the whole thing was a slam dunk for me, AND how about the SUPPORTING CAST? 

HS newspaper reporter, an absolute natural.

Ray Romano, IMNHO, is a multifaceted, under appreciated gem in this movie, panicky, flustered, covering his own -----. 

The actress who played the helicoptering mom? Perfection.

The dancer? Meticulously drawn. 

Janney's niece? Not overplayed, not underplayed, shot the arrow right down the middle.

Musical score, sets, literary references........costuming?

If you ever went to school, or had a kid who went to school, or knew somebody who went to school, give this a look. 

I could not agree more with everything you said!! Love both leads so much and had never seen Hugh Jackman "go there." Brilliant!! .....Google the real people and see what they're up to now. I couldn't get to my iPad fast enough!

Honored Contributor

Very rare, for me @Ifeelwicked , but I'm already watching for it to be rebroadcast- CAN'T WAIT to see it a second time.

And YES- I was googling all kinds of questions about it yesterday, and STILL AM TODAY!