Honored Contributor

This is one of those shows that I keep going back too.  It's a safe place and I love the music and the characters.

Same thing for Steel  Magnolias.

Are you going back to a repeat show?  Which one?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal -

I loved West Wing too!

My favorite that I could watch over and over are Midsommer murders with the first John nettles

and Endeavor, Blue murder-a lot of the British Mysteries- all on Amazon.IWoman LOL hate the murder part but love the actors!Woman LOL

I'm the same with books or movies, could watch or read my favorites many times. Same with food. So exciting right? I'm a cheap date for sure lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

West Wing was, IMHO, one of the best shows ever made. The cast was incredible, the story lines were fascinating and the music was great. I never missed an episode. I wish networks like ION would rerun the series. Although I do love Law & Order, Blue Bloods and Chicago PD, West Wing would be a very welcome change.

Honored Contributor

I just watched it again a few months ago.  When it was originally on, I stopped watching the last 1 or 2 seasons.  I never saw that whole Jimmy Smits arc.

Next time I watch I will skip those episodes again.  It didn't add anything to my life.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The West Wing had the best cast !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I watched all seven seasons, recently.  It was amazing to me how somethings were prevalent today.  One comment that sticks in my mind was the discussion of a pandemic and the comment was made using smallpox as an example of a virus................just what we are experiencing now.  By watching again, made me appreciate the writing, how strong the characters were, how the political process works on a "day" to "day" basis.

I've.always, enjoyed Sorkin's writing from A Few Good Men, Sports Night, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, The Newsroom and The American President.  I wish I had been able to see the play...To Kill A Mockingbird adapted by him.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Back to West Wing

[ Edited ]

I tried to go back to West Wing, but found that Cox cable in Arizona was charging $2.99 per episode for a program that aired originally on regular T.V. I complained to Cox and they said they had no control over it, that it was the networks that were charging them. I find this particularly annoying, expecially during a pandemic. I guess the networks are just about making money.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I watched all seven seasons, recently.  It was amazing to me how somethings were prevalent today.  One comment that sticks in my mind was the discussion of a pandemic and the comment was made using smallpox as an example of a virus................just what we are experiencing now.  By watching again, made me appreciate the writing, how strong the characters were, how the political process works on a "day" to "day" basis.

I've.always, enjoyed Sorkin's writing from A Few Good Men, Sports Night, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, The Newsroom and The American President.  I wish I had been able to see the play...To Kill A Mockingbird adapted by him.

@Somertime  Well said!  I agree completely.

I am currently watching again on Netflix.  It is amazing how some of their storylines are similar to what is happening today.

Sorkin is a favorite of mine and the cast of characters is amazing.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

This is one of those shows that I keep going back too.  It's a safe place and I love the music and the characters.

Same thing for Steel  Magnolias.

Are you going back to a repeat show?  Which one?

@qualitygal 

???    I had no idea West Wing was airing anywhere.    Where did you see it?   

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   All 7 seasons are on Netflix!