Respected Contributor

Re: Back to Back Good HM Cristmas Movies Tonight on HM&M

Add me to the list of those who don't enjoy Alicia Witt.  I can't put my finger on what I dislike about her it's just something in her demeanor.

I had higher hopes for Meet Me At Christmas and was sort of disappointed.  I think the flipping back and forth between the teenage characters and the adult characters just got me confused.  

Honored Contributor

I was so happy to see Mrs. Miracle on yesterday at noon. But I couldn't watch the entire thing and didn't DVR it.  I'm hoping it's on again although last year I think it was on once and then done.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I record the movies so I don't have to watch commercials.  Have many loaded and ready to go. Add another big fan of Bramble House. The Allison Sweeney one always has me in tears.  I will gladly admit to watching as they are a simple diversion.  Some of course I like more than others but never miss a Jill Wagner one.  Read Murder 101 is coming back next year.

I didn't watch the Catherine Bell one last night as I can't watch anything with that leading man  and is it just me but did Catherine's face look like she had some work done?  I also like the series on Murder and Mysteries. @Pearlee Ryan Peavy is the one I could be a cougher for Smiley LOL

It isn't just you.  Her look is bizarre......not in a good way.  I don't care for any of the Good Witch movies.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

One of the few with Alicia Witt that I like was A Merry Mix Up where she goes to the wrong house of her fiance.  He gets detained because of work and she, in the meantime gets involved with this wrong family, but falls in love with the guy she thinks is her future brother in law.  The "real" future inlaws are something else - mother, new age, father, self absorbed in work.....it is pretty funny and is at least a slightly different plot.  The family and guy she ends up with are nice and the grandpa is great.

Wow, I just went back and read my description of the movie and IT was a merry mix up......LOL.

Honored Contributor

I love Alicia Witt and a Merry Mix up was great.

I love that movie.

The story line wasn't as contrived as the description makes it out to be.

I also enjoy Jill Wagner, her new Christmas movie is this Saturday, The Angel Tree.

I saw where she just finished another Mystery 101 with Kris Polaha & Robin Thomas

I don't see anything new for Kellie Martin

It looks like HRP & Rick Fox did not make any movies this year, who's surprised, but hope they get back to their series soon.   Love them & their movies.

I enjoy most of the Hallmark movies.

I usually steer clear of the royal/prince/princess movies.

Just not my thing.   Although I did see one with Danica McKeller, Crown for Christmas that I enjoy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched a good one last night On Demand called Christmas Train.  Of course there was a love story, but it was a different story line.  There were some big names, Danny Glover, Kimberly Williams Paisley, Joan Cusack to name a few.  

I saw in the credits it was written by David Baldacci.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I had no interest in Hallmark  Christmas movies, and then I read this thread.  I decided to record the Bramble House movie since so many of you liked it.  And I love anything with a time travel theme, so I had to copy that one, too.  When I looked at the listings, there were quite a few that had some reference to time in the title, so I ended up recording all of those as well as Bramble House.  Tonight I watched Journey Back to Christmas with Candace Cameron Bure and throughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch some of the others I recorded.  Thanks, ladies!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags I am happy you enjoyed it. Some of the films really are awful though. I do hope you eventually watch the two I titled this thread about. I couldn't remember the names of them,  but someone did provide the two similar titles early on in the thread.

Thanks for your feedback.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Well I had no interest in Hallmark  Christmas movies, and then I read this thread.  I decided to record the Bramble House movie since so many of you liked it.  And I love anything with a time travel theme, so I had to copy that one, too.  When I looked at the listings, there were quite a few that had some reference to time in the title, so I ended up recording all of those as well as Bramble House.  Tonight I watched Journey Back to Christmas with Candace Cameron Bure and throughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch some of the others I recorded.  Thanks, ladies!

@shoesnbags Most of the ones with Candace Cameron Buree are good.  Christmas Town and the one with Shoe Addict in the title are pretty good, too.  I recorded the Timeless one and will watch it later. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@shoesnbags I am happy you enjoyed it. Some of the films really are awful though. I do hope you eventually watch the two I titled this thread about. I couldn't remember the names of them,  but someone did provide the two similar titles early on in the thread.

Thanks for your feedback.

@Pearlee 

Yes, those two are among the ones I recorded.  Now I just have to find the time to watch all of them lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett