Esteemed Contributor

Re: Back to Back Good HM Cristmas Movies Tonight on HM&M

I will admit I have watched a few Hallmark Christmas movies.

There have been two I really liked.  Others, well, didn’t last too long.

It’s really unlike me.  A news junkie, a serious reader.  I have zero interest in watching sports.  These movies are a welcome escape from reality.  The movie I watched last night with Catherine Bell was a winner.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack The country singer in tonight's film is such a cutie and a sweetie that I could easily be a cougar if he came my way. I think the female lead is really unreasonable at the end but of course since it's a HM film it all ends up well.

Esteemed Contributor

I record the movies so I don't have to watch commercials.  Have many loaded and ready to go. Add another big fan of Bramble House. The Allison Sweeney one always has me in tears.  I will gladly admit to watching as they are a simple diversion.  Some of course I like more than others but never miss a Jill Wagner one.  Read Murder 101 is coming back next year.

I didn't watch the Catherine Bell one last night as I can't watch anything with that leading man  and is it just me but did Catherine's face look like she had some work done?  I also like the series on Murder and Mysteries. @Pearlee Ryan Peavy is the one I could be a cougher for Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I record the movies so I don't have to watch commercials.  Have many loaded and ready to go. Add another big fan of Bramble House. The Allison Sweeney one always has me in tears.  I will gladly admit to watching as they are a simple diversion.  Some of course I like more than others but never miss a Jill Wagner one.  Read Murder 101 is coming back next year.

I didn't watch the Catherine Bell one last night as I can't watch anything with that leading man  and is it just me but did Catherine's face look like she had some work done?  I also like the series on Murder and Mysteries. @Pearlee Ryan Peavy is the one I could be a cougher for Smiley LOL

I'm also a huge fan of Jill Wagner.   Glad to hear that Murder 101 is coming back.

I noticed the change in Catherine Bell's mouth.  She is such a pretty woman but her lip implants don't do her any favors.

I'm with you on Ryan Paevy.  I think he is one of the best looking actors on the Hallmark channel.  

Honored Contributor

There is a really really old one with Randy Travis playing a small town policeman, an orphan boy, and a woman who has moved back to town with her daughter.

I LOVE that little movie!  Is it "A Christmas to Remember?"  Not good here with names!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did enjoy "The Bramble House"---cute movie and well acted....

I also enjoyed "The Christmas Ring"....

I did not like "Meet Me At Christmas" it had an interesting premise with the flashbacks and all, but I thought it dragged on too long.....

And the acting needed some work in "The Christmas Bow"......

One HM actress I don't care for is Alicia Witt she starred in the "Christmas Tree Lane" and other HM movies.  There is just something about her, a certain "coldness" that doesn't fit the spirit of the HM movies....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I dislike Witt also. She comes across to me as full of herself. I didn't like The Christmas Bow either. For one thing. No chemistry between the couple.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Spurt I dislike Witt also. She comes across to me as full of herself. I didn't like The Christmas Bow either. For one thing. No chemistry between the couple.

@Pearlee 

👍  Yep, I think you nailed it bout Witt....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

There is a really really old one with Randy Travis playing a small town policeman, an orphan boy, and a woman who has moved back to town with her daughter.

I LOVE that little movie!  Is it "A Christmas to Remember?"  Not good here with names!  

@Sooner 

i have not seen this one, but it is A HOLIDAY TO REMEMBER. that one is an "oldie" from 1995.  will have to look for this one to watch.

there IS one called A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER.....i do enjoy that movie a lot and it has already been on at least once this season. it has mira sorvino and cameron mathison from 2016.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Slightly off topic.....I'm watching Matchmaker Santa and the female lead is a baker.  She asks this guy who walks in the room to help as she throws him an apron.  He grabs a rolling pin and proceeds to roll dough, lol.   No hand washing whatsoever.   This happens all the time since the main character is often a baker or chef.   I know this isn't real but jeese!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)