Honored Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise - the Controversy

@I like celery wrote:

I don't think it was a "set up" at all.  I find it really hard to believe that two individuals would allow their reputations to be ruined in that manner -- especially for what had allegedly occurred.

Alex was being interviewed in front of the pool area, and a camera person was there filming him.  From what I read in several publications, both Corinne and DeMario were incredibly "trashed," and all over each other -- long before the pool incident.  I'm sure Alex was saying much more that was edited out.  The other camera person was filming Corinne and DeMario as they made their way to the pool where Alex was, and continued filming after they entered the pool.  I don't find that suspicious.  There are several camera people following most of the cast around all day.  I will say the part about the guy being filmed while saying "shut it down," and the camera panning over the empty resort area seemed to be added for "dramatic" purposes.

I would guess any lawsuit of this nature involving a big network would be settled quickly.  I'm sure both Corinne and DeMario received a nice check, but I doubt either of them received any huge payoff, 

@I like celery - I understand your point, but how many times in these shows do we see the camera focused on other CAMERAS? If they are filming a conversation with a contestant (Alex) we would not see other cameras in the background. At least I don't think we ever have. 

I still think it was not ALL on the up and up. I'm sure Corinne and DeMario were well compensated as you said, and I'm sure they will be in other Bachelor reunion situations in the future. I don't think we've seen the last of them. 

The talk with Chris Harrison was interesting tonight. Again, I think the kids were coached on what to say. I'm sure some of them were allowed to express their own feelings, but some of them were probably told what questions would be asked of them, especially when Chris asked Taylor about the drinking in this show and other Bachelor shows. They seemed to want to make a point that they don't force the contestants to drink. I'm sure they don't, but former contestants have all said there is plenty of alcohol available to them - or at least there was up until this summer! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Speaking of Bachelor Pad, I find it interesting that they always leave out Holly and her husband, Blake, who met on BP and got married.  They have been married for quite awhile now.  They never include them as a successful Bachelor couple.

As far as the episode being a set up, I felt like at least tonight's show was to prove the series Unreal is not true at all.  They kept focusing on the producers aren't manipulating them, which Unreal is all about.   I think everything went down naturally, but once it happened the show decided to run with it and make more of it than it was.  

Nick looked absolutely miserable!

@Wsmom - Interesting point, and I think you're right!

DD and I were talking about some other successful couples they leave out - Desiree and Chris, who are married with a baby; Chris and Peyton, also married with a baby; Jesse (DeAnna's winner) and Ann (Jason's season), married with three children; and I'm sure many others along with Holly and Blake as you mentioned. Maybe it's the couples' choices not to be on camera? IDK! Also, we were wondering where Carly's brother Zak was during the wedding. He came in fourth on Desiree's season and got married a few years ago. You would think he'd be at his sister's wedding, but I didn't see him. (?) 

Honored Contributor

When I looked up Bachelor Pad I saw there was a marriage out of that and it wasn't included last night.

It was nice to see Trista and Ryan as the franchise has distanced themselves from Trista (she thinks it's because of the number of years and her age at this point in time).  If they are looking at attracting a younger audience, Trista is not the way to go, I guess.

But the Bachelor Pad couple is odd to leave them off.  I wonder if they distanced themselves from the franchise and no longer want to be a part of it.

But I'm pretty sure you sign your life away forever when you sign on to these shows.  I wonder if they didn't let the franchise/ABC pay for the wedding so that's why they don't use the footage.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Bachelor Pad hasn't been around for a few years--BIP replaced it and I like that format better anyway.

I didn't realize there was a marriage from BP.  I wonder if the couples (such as Desiree and Chris) who don't let ABC broadcast their wedding remove themselves from further follow up stories?

I loved Evan and Carly's wedding last night--it reflected their personalities beautifully.  I wish we would have seen more of it.

Nick did look uncomfortable and did you notice--even though he and Vanessa were sitting next to each other--you could have put another person between them!

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom, I'd forgotten about all those other couples.  I can see where maybe they would leave off the couples who met through the franchise but not on the show, but Holly and Blake and Des and Chris make no sense since they are what the show is about.   Maybe they just wanted to show the weddings and they didn't have their televised, or it was simply an oversight.  Holly and Des do seem to be the two that the franchise disregard for whatever reason.  Maybe they don't "play by the rules".  ;-)

Re:  Carly's brother, I was thinking maybe they were a number of guests who weren't shown, or they had another wedding for family later and this was a sham wedding like that one couple who got "married on the show"...I can't remember their names.  Lacy and somebody?   Anyway, Carly and Evan then had a real wedding with all of their friends and family vs. just the Bachelor franchise people.

Respected Contributor

Carly's brother wasn't there because his wife is very pregnant and couldn't travel 

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli I agree about Evan and Carly.  That is a couple who will last.  Nick.....yeah don't think that's going to happen.  I noticed how separated they were too. lol.

Esteemed Contributor

How long are they going to drag this DeMario drama out for?  Did anyone watch that portion last night?  I did not.  I can not imagine there is anything new there.  To me this just highlights it is a ratings ploy.  They addressed it, drop it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom I watched it & that's not the end of it, next week Corrine is going to be on. I agree with you, drop it now & don't use it to promote the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@Wsmom I watched it & that's not the end of it, next week Corrine is going to be on. I agree with you, drop it now & don't use it to promote the show.

@kitcat51, well, now, that might be interesting to hear what her version is.  Not that I think there is anything to it, just what drama she is going to cook up.  We had already heard from him repeatedly but other than a few blips at the beginning I haven't seen anything from her.  Will it be I don't remember a thing, I was blackout drunk and nobody stopped it or I didn't know what all the hoopla was about.  Somehow I don't think they would air it if it were the former, so I'm guessing it will be the same thing...much ado about nothing and an hour of repeating everything DeMario said.  I think I just talked myself out of watching that one, too!!  haha