Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bachelor in Paradise - the Controversy

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm in the minority, I don't think Evan and Carly are a good fit, regardless of the wedding and baby.

I agree.   I think Carly just wanted to get married, period.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Carly's brother wasn't there because his wife is very pregnant and couldn't travel 

@DrKelli - Thanks for explaining! Zak was one of my favorite contestants!

I understand this too. I come from a very small family. When I was married, my older cousin was in Zak's situation. He wanted to come without his wife (but couldn't make it in a day - he would have had to stay over), and it became a family joke for a while. But of course, he didn't! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

According to The Wrap. Corinne is negotiating to star in a reality show and a scripted show involving "one of her favorite producers." Yeah - NOW tell me this scandal was totally non scripted! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

According to The Wrap. Corinne is negotiating to star in a reality show and a scripted show involving "one of her favorite producers." Yeah - NOW tell me this scandal was totally non scripted! Smiley LOL

I don't know.  Corinne and her buddy, I competely agree with.  Maybe DeMario went along with it not realizing the beating he was going to take?  I don't know.  I can't believe he ever would've played along with being accused of sexual assault.   And again, I do believe TPTB saw an opportunity and blew it up.  But as soon as I saw her buddy was the producer who reported it I suspected Corrine was involved.   Especially since that was how she behaved on The Bachelor.  If it comes out this was a set-up without DeMario's agreement, he should sue them all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

I don't know.  Corinne and her buddy, I competely agree with.  Maybe DeMario went along with it not realizing the beating he was going to take?  I don't know.  I can't believe he ever would've played along with being accused of sexual assault.   And again, I do believe TPTB saw an opportunity and blew it up.  But as soon as I saw her buddy was the producer who reported it I suspected Corrine was involved.   Especially since that was how she behaved on The Bachelor.  If it comes out this was a set-up without DeMario's agreement, he should sue them all. 

@Wsmom - The cast seems to take the blame off DeMario. Like you, I have to wonder about his involvement in all of this. I'm SURE this was producer driven. And I'm sure DeMario was promised a lot of money and fame to go along with it. Rumor is he will be on DWTS, but they won't confirm that. IDK  I can't believe he would let his name be dragged through the mud like this, and put his family through it. But if they promised him enough - money, TV appearances, etc. - he might have taken that to help his family out. There might be something forthcoming that will "absolve" him completely - there kind of already was - he was accused, but not charged, and he won't have to worry about future employment. He says he works with kids, and I don't think he was fired, so maybe he just "left" to go on these shows. 

Bottom line, I think the producers put him up to it, I think he was compensated well, and I think we will see a lot of him on ABC going forward! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom, IMO he is a fool if he did agree to it.   I can't imagine how hard it would have been on his family...even if they knew it was a set-up.  It would have had to be enough money to set him up for some time.   But that being said, the things people will do for their 15 minutes...

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@beach-mom, IMO he is a fool if he did agree to it.   I can't imagine how hard it would have been on his family...even if they knew it was a set-up.  It would have had to be enough money to set him up for some time.   But that being said, the things people will do for their 15 minutes...

LOL @Wsmom - you are right! And if the money would help his family, that could have influenced him. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

When my husband saw Carly and Evan together, his comment was that Carly was "out of his (Evan's) league".

I too felt Carly just wanted to get married.  What I don't understand is why she needed this show to do that.  Carly is very beautiful and appears to have a pleasant personality.  I don't understand the need to go on these shows for any of the participants in order to find a spouse. 

Respected Contributor

Narcisse, you must have missed Carly when she was on The Bachelor. She was mean and backstabbing. She is also not very pretty IMO. I think she got pregnant to trap Evan who is no prize either. 

Esteemed Contributor

This show is so fake it is not at all worth watching anymore. I used to run home from Choir practice to watch it.........lol  but for the past 6 yrs or more ist just  a free for all!

I just read in People Mag. that the last Bachlorette  and her pick were engaged before the show even was taped for the season........